As the post holder, you will be expected to have extensive understanding of Critical Facilities/Data Centre infrastructure (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing & associated assets). As an integrated member of the engineering team, you will responsible for effective inspection, operation and maintenance of all associated MEP assets within the critical facility, with a primary focus on critical facilities risk management, enhancing the quality of the service delivery through effective technical engineering capabilities.
Supporting the Account Manager in the overall delivery of day to day MEP operations in line with Integral/JLL process and procedures. One of the key activities involves the role of authorised person for LV Electrical Systems and critical infrastructure to Level 10 tier 3 data environment with 100% critical uptime. You will be authorised to issue PTW, ensuring compliance with method statements, risk assessments, JLL and Supplier Health and Safety procedures.
Duties to include:
- Operate all MEP systems within the Critical Facility/Data Centre in a competent, and confident manner (including MV/LV Electrical isolations/operations). Making recommendations for improvement and providing concise technical reports when required.
- Ensure that Specialist Vendors service visits are completed efficiently, and quality of work has been inspected and recommendations are communicated to the duty JLL FM team and Account Manager.
- Ensuring minimum staffing arrangements are always maintained.
- Accurately reporting of all completed work orders, including precise recording of any critical spares/stock items used during these tasks. Utilising the Corrigo platform.
- Attend Weekly Team meetings and Quarterly Team Meetings when scheduled.
- Reviewing and preparing MOP’s, SOP’s and EOP’s, as well as proactive participation through relevant EOP scenario drills (BEST or MOCK Drills).
- Completing the weekly reports, ensuring that significant events or activities are noted and effectively communicated to JLL FM team and INTEGRAL management.
- Actively participate and complete Health and Safety compliance activities, such as Hazard/Near Miss Reporting and regular attendance/completion of scheduled Toolbox Talks.
- Accountable for the compliance with JLL/Thomson Reuters MEP process and procedures when undertaking all relevant work orders, ensuring risk management documentation (MOP, SOP or EOP) is in place for all critical works.
- Liaise with the supply chain, when ordering M&E components for remedial/corrective works.
- Attend nominated training courses as identified by INTEGRAL management in line with agreed Training Matrix.
- Undertake Site Specific Technical Assessments and Skills Gap Analysis at intervals defined by INTEGRAL/JLL/Thomson Reuters.
- Take ownership of areas (including all plant rooms) under INTEGRAL control, ensuring they are brought up too and maintained to the required show site standards.
- Evaluate and escalate any potential risks, with an assessment of impact, probable causes and mitigation opportunities.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement of safe systems of work, ensuring compliance with relevant Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Complete Reactive, Planned & Corrective Work Orders in line with SFG20 and ensure reliability of assets through excellent standards of maintenance delivery.
- Escalation of all ONWH Alarm Notifications in line with agreed escalation procedures for EMEA MEP operations.
- Accurate completion of all Corrigo Work Orders that have been allocated for completion by the CMMS. Including accurate capture of time spent on tasks and clear/concise details of works undertaken. With no errors input onto the system
- Efficient and Effective completion of Corrigo Work Orders that have been allocated, ensuring that Work Orders have been acknowledged and completed within SLA.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Critical Environments such as Banking HQ and Data Centres.
- LV Authorised Person (Role specific requirement)
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineering apprenticeship or similar
- C&G Pts. 1 & 2, equivalent or exceeds.
- 17th Edition IEE: Wiring and Installation (Ability to attain 18th Edition through additional training)
- C&G 2391 test and inspection; BS 7671:2001 for inspection, testing and certification.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff.
- Proactive in achieving the highest standard of operation.
- Have good IT and report writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst remaining calm, clear thinking and able to deliver the required services to the client within given time constraints.
- Individuals who can demonstrate commitment and previous experience; but not meet all the required technical qualifications may be considered subject to Operations Directors approval.
- Demonstrate a willingness to attend on and off-site training for MEP assets, this may require nights away from home due to the nature of the specialist training such as HV Authorised Person Training
- A high level of initiative, with drive to continuously improve the operation.
- Advanced communication skills with a full understanding of customer needs & expectations
- Ability to comprehend and act upon both verbal and written instructions
- Enthusiasm and demonstration of pro-activity, diligence and alertness, with the willingness to participate in appropriate internal training programmes.
- Integrity, honesty and punctuality is also expected
The above is a guideline to the role and is not intended to be fully inclusive or exclusive of the duties required. At times it may be requested additional tasks/responsibilities are undertaken at Integral Management request.
We’re Integral, part of JLL. We’re a Facilities and Maintenance firm based across the UK. We work with organisations in Mechanical, Electrical and Fabric works with engineers nationwide to deliver engineering excellence for our clients. The Integral family are the largest mobile hard services provider in the UK.
If you’re looking to step up your career, Integral and JLL are the perfect professional home. At Integral and JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing facilities and maintenance initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at Integral and JLL!
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include an up-to-date CV with your application.
All candidates will be required to provide valid proof of Right to Work in the UK and ID at interview.
Successful candidates are also required to pass a DBS check at our cost.