Editorial Team Manager
StoryTerrace, Your Personal Biographer
StoryTerrace is a fast growing, London headquartered consumer-tech scale-up with 50+ employees and a pool of over 600 vetted freelancers in Europe and the United States. The company’s vision is to create a world in which every life story is captured in a meaningful way.
Its core service - to turn a life story into a book using its proprietary technology platform and a global network of ghostwriters - is growing over 100% YoY. StoryTerrace is the leader in this emerging new product category.
We are looking for a process and target driven leader with significant people and project management experience to join our London based team. In this role, you will line-manage our UK editorial team that is responsible for delivering book projects.
You will be responsible for a team delivering 100s of beautiful book projects from point of sale through to printing whilst maintaining an excellent customer satisfaction rate. In this role, you will:
- Live and breathe the StoryTerrace mission to make professional life stories accessible to everyone!
- Be a brilliant people manager, motivating a talented group of project editors
- Harness your team's creative energy, providing operational oversight and hunting for automation and efficiency
- Be a playbook champion, coaching and training your team on the latest processes and best practices
- Challenge your team to improve, using data, 121s, activity logs, ratings and radical candour
- Support your team with project escalations, providing direct support where required, but also training your team to solve issues at source
- Be a key interface to our sales team, ensuring projects are set up for success, and driving upgrades to help us hit our commercial objectives
- Recruit the very best project management and editorial talent to grow your team
- London based role with 2 days a week in our Kings Cross office
- At least 2 years of experience in a Team Leader/ Manager role with a track record of meeting targets
- Experience in managing editorial, content production, or project management teams with a focus on scaling the operation
- A customer service rockstar with kick ass project management skills
- An interest in working in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment with the ability to take initiative and produce results
- Infinite learner mindset, tenacious and persistent with some mental resilience. Not all our stories are happy ones, typically 20% of our projects involve people overcoming some variety of trauma in their lives! You will need to be assertive, enthusiastic and empathetic all at once!
- A passion for people’s stories!
- Competitive salary depending on experience + OTE bonus of up to 10%
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- Pension (4% + 4%)
- Room for WFH/ flexibility around hours. Our office days are Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Weekly team lunches, fun events and annual all-manager offsites
- An exciting environment with a focus on personal development and leadership training
- Strong sense of team and mission
Come and join our ambitious plans, create your own career story at StoryTerrace!
At StoryTerrace we value empathy, collaboration, trust, innovation and we are purpose driven. We value diversity and we encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries as we are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.
If you are excited about this opportunity and feel intrigued by our values, then we would like to get to know you!