Domiciliary Care AssistantBased
: Olton, Solihull, B27 6PFSalary:
£9.32 per hourJob Type:
Permanent and Bank availableClosing Date:
February 2021The Trust:
The Trust is a family of charities & community of people supporting those most in need in the West Midlands. They want everyone, regardless of age or circumstances, to feel secure, have opportunities and to thrive.
The services provided include:
- Safe, affordable and well-maintained alms-housing
- Residential and extra care
- Community and housing related support
- Services to advance the opportunities of children and young people in need
Everything they do is rooted in their 370 year history and driven by their vision for the future.The Role:
The Trust currently has a vacancy for permanent and 'bank / casual' Domiciliary Care Assistants. The role is based in its 'Extra Care' Scheme in Olton but also involves travelling to its three sheltered housing sites to provide care and support to the Trust's residents in their own home in order to maintain their independence.
As a Domiciliary Care Assistant you will put the residents' care and wellbeing at the heart of everything you do. The Trust promotes independence, dignity and quality of life always in a person centred, caring and supportive environment.
You will assist with personal care, meal preparation, shopping and light cleaning/laundry whilst at all times ensuring dignity and respect are maintained for those that use the Trust's care service.Key things about you:
What they offer:
- Some experience in long term care, assisted living or home care is beneficial but training will be provided
- Ideally you will have your NVQ 2 in Health and Social Care but this is not essential
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Good attendance and punctuality
- Exhibit a caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people
- Full driving licence and use of a car
- Ability to work flexible hours
- An enhanced DBS check will be taken up for successful candidates
Well trained, well rewarded staff provide a better level of care. You will receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the Trust.
They continue to reward their staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including
- Starting on 31 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays (increases with service)
- An annual 'wellbeing' day for all staff
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance programme
- Long service awards
- Ongoing career development and refresher training
The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
To apply for these roles please click APPLY
button and information will be sent to your inbox
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully as this must be completed to submit your application fully
Please note should sufficient applications be received the Trust reserves the right to close this vacancy at any time and recruit at any stage. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Support Worker, Care Worker, Night Care Assistant, Care Assistant, Senior Care Assistant, Team Leader, Care Work Assistant, Resident Care Assistant, Resident Care Worker, Elderly Care Worker, Elderly Care Assistant, Elderly Support Worker, Elderly Care, Support Assistant, Enabler, Healthcare Assistant will also be considered for this role.