Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
Objectives of the role:
- The Digital Account Manager’s role is to assist the AD/Director in the day to day running of client business.
- This includes taking briefs, managing the briefing & delivery process from start to finish.
- This role requires a strong combination of leadership, communication and organisation skills, as well as thorough media knowledge.
- The Account Manager is also responsible for overseeing any of the work produced by the team Execs and Assistants & the iLab specialist teams.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Understanding of the digital planning and buying processes are key for this role
- Understanding of how performance brands/clients work across all channels both digitally and traditionally.
- Become an expert in the use of MediaCom’s suit of digital planning and audience research tools
- Understanding of attribution modelling, ad-serving and trafficking technologies
- Understanding of PPC & SEO strategy/delivery
- Knowledge of how to integrate social, mobile and Facebook into campaigns effectively
- Develop and apply a working knowledge of basic media concepts, terminology, media formula’s and media plan execution (e.g., reach, frequency, universe, TVR/GRP, ratings, CPM)
- A basic understanding of different media types – TV, OOH, Digital etc including deadlines e.g. AB deadlines
- To be able to (alongside the AD / Business Director) develop media strategy that fits into overall marketing and advertising strategy
- Deep understanding of qualitative research methods, applications and limitations, and be able to use experience to suggest application
- Ability to analyse client sales and consumer data imaginatively and get to grips with dynamics of the clients marketing environment
- To be able to evaluate the effect of a campaign as a whole and media’s contribution to it.
- Clear understanding of dynamics, costs and potential of each media.
- Organise and run meetings both internally, with clients and media owners.
- Listening skills: - how to take a brief, ask open ended questions, take account of client concerns.
- To be able to communicate verbally in an effective way with other members of the team, in particular other departments/creative agencies and Directors
- Industry tool skills as appropriate, telmar, NMR, MediaCom proprietary tools etc
- Experience of managing a team of Executives/Assistants
If you feel you have the skills and experience for this exciting and challenging role, we would love to hear from you!
Mediacom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.