30+ days ago
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investmentmanagement and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanleyare dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the mostchallenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, teamwork and giving back.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment.
Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Technology division collaborates with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we dobusiness in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, andinfrastructure give a competitive edge to clients businesses and to our own.
Morgan Stanley is looking for a hands-on software developer to join the firm wide developer tools and systems group, MSDE. MSDE is responsible for shaping the software development lifecycle (SDLC) within Morgan Stanley by implementing the tools, systems, and processes used by all developers across the globe for software development and deployment.
- Highly technical and passionate about optimizing software delivery pipelines
- Ability to explain SDLC best practices, including source control, code review, build tools, test frameworks, code quality tools, CI systems, and IDEs.
- Flexible and adaptable; quick to embrace new concepts and tools; able to deliver solutions on the most appropriate platform and language.
- Experience working as a developer on a large-scale project in an agile environment.
- Prior work experience developing tools and components to integrate with systems for source control (particularly enterprise-scale git), build automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, change management, IDEs, or large-scale software distribution.
- Experience working with multiple compiled (Java, C++, C# or Scala) or interpreted (Python, Perl, groovy) languages on Linux and Windows.
- Web development experience, preferably with multiple frameworks (Angular 2 preferred)
- Driven to understand how software development tools work and why.
- Configuration management tools such as salt-stack,chef, ansible and puppet.
- Experience with containerisation, Docker, Kubernetes and related technologies is a plus
- Previous experience working on build automation and delivery automation pipelines (CI/CD)
Interested in flexible working opportunities Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Build a career with impact. Apply today.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents