- Create and maintain bespoke waterfall model for new Funds.
- Day‐to‐day bookkeeping of fund transactions.
- General ledger and trial balance of the fund entities.
- Periodic management accounts.
- Calculations relating to NAV, drawdowns, distributions, advisory fees, GP management fees, IRR and carried interest.
- Create and issue capital statements to investors.
- Investor commitments schedule, including calculating equalisations and rebalances.
- Preparation of books for statutory audits and accounts.
- Coordination with accountants, lawyers and auditors.
- Contribute toward building a depositary service to be provided by the firm.
- Daily cash monitoring and reconciliations.
- Preparation of asset confirmation.
- Reconciliation and proofing of investment holdings.
- Maintenance and monitoring or routine depositary information requests and queries.
Management of Bookkeeping Team
- Train bookkeepers as they process through their accounting qualifications.
- Review the day‐to‐day financial transactions of the company recorded in Xero.
- Oversee and review the generation of sales invoices relating to both Fund Management and Promotion and issue them to the relevant parties.
- Oversee and review the posting of sales and purchase invoices.
- Oversee and review the receipt and payments of sales and purchase invoices.
- Oversee and review the bank reconciliations.
- Oversee and review payroll.
- Ensure adequate records are being kept regarding invoicing, tax folder, accounts etc.
- Facilitate and review the monthly recharging of expenses across the Kin Capital Group.
- Undertake the Internal capital adequacy assessment process (ICAAP) on a quarterly basis, including modelling scenarios, risk and feeding this into the capital requirements of the Firm.
- Preparing and posting fund related fees based on the IM.
- Post month end journals, including deferred income and any adjustments.
- Post year end journals, including accruals, prepayments and depreciation of fixed assets.
- Run monthly management accounts for review by Partners.
- Produce and submit quarterly VAT returns, currently working with external accountants who produce this.
- Liaise with external auditors and accountants to assist them with audits and the production of company accounts.
- Develop and improve administrative processes to reduce risk and increase efficiency
- Identify issues with existing processes and propose practical solutions
- Implement robust controls to minimise errors
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Undergraduate Degree
- Experience in Financial Services, preferably venture capital.
- Ability to lead and manage teams.
- £45,000 - £55,000
- Full benefits package (including bonus, private healthcare, gym membership and more)
My client is looking for a Depositary Accountant with previous experience working within Venture Capital. This role offers clear and exciting career prospects.