Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
To manage day to day operational activities and supplier relationships with the Customs Broker and other service providers regarding customs related topics. To support and manage, where required, customs projects as defined by the Senior Manager. Provide key business analytics and executive summaries for senior management as required.
- Day to day management of the relationship of the broker and other service providers who perform customs clearance on behalf of adidas. Working with them to ensure contractual requirements are adhered to and service levels meet or exceed the needs of the business, driving enhanced visibility/availability and ultimately customer service
- Work with suppliers to ensure SOPs accurately reflect the contracted operation and they remain reflective – introduce Change Control Process.
- Develop and implement process, procedures and controls that will contribute to the ongoing compliance management and KPI performance of suppliers to meet our legal requirements with Customs authorities.
- Provide key business analytics and executive summaries for senior management as required relating to Supplier Relationship Management and customs projects.
- Work with Senior Manager to regularly review the Insource/Outsource decision for brokers to deliver commercial benefits and to support future broker selection process.
- Day to day management of customs compliance within the UK
- To support and manage, where required, customs projects defined by the Senior Manager.
- Where required represent the business in various areas such as software user meetings, global customs projects, supplier workshops
- Global and Market Customs teams
- Customs authorities
- Customs Brokers and Service Providers
- Supply Chain Management teams
- Global and Market IT
- Group and Market Finance
- Group Logistics
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in technical and practical aspects of Customs protocol and legislation
- Demonstrated business reasoning, analytical and critical thinking, to include interpretation and explanation of government regulations
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work and deliver within a complex and dynamic multiple stakeholder environment whilst adhering to strict and/or conflicting deadlines
- Ability to understand, focus on and resolve day to day issues within agreed parameters
- High degree of self-management, enthusiasm and results-driven
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to foster and maintain excellent collaborative working relationships
- Proficient use of Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Access)
- Desirable Project Management methodology and application
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- A degree from an accredited college or university with focus on Business Administration, Supply Chain Transportation & Customs together with IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience in customs business.
- 5+ years of experience in customs operations preferably in the footwear/apparel industry.
- Ideally experienced with managing or participating in Supply Chain Management projects. Preferably related to implementation or process optimization in Customs Projects.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written.