Are you an experienced Credit Controller looking for a new opportunity, with a market leading brand?
Covering maternity leave, you will be working with the Senior Credit Controller to collect overdue balances, ensuring company debt levels are kept within targeted parameters and assist with the day to day running of the Sales Ledger.Reports to:
Management AccountantThis position is a 12 month FTC to cover maternity leave.Key Responsibilities:
- Contacting customers via phone and email to collect outstanding debts, with the primary focus on overdue balances.
- Maintenance of credit control records, ensuring notes and contact details are accurate and up to date at all times.
- Managing a busy portfolio of customers, building relationships to help recover debt and resolve queries.
- Recording customer disputes on the system, referring to the relevant internal member of staff and monitoring, to ensure the dispute is followed through to resolution.
- Manage internal requests for accounts on stop or over their credit limit, that require further work or supply of parts. Refer to the relevant authorised person, in a timely manner and respond internally once a decision is made.
- Daily bank/cheque postings and reconciliation.
- Taking customer payments via credit card over the phone and posting to their account.
- Raising authorised credit notes.
- Ensure monthly statements and credit control letters are sent out to all customers, in line with the agreed time frames.
- Preparing court documents for customers where we have exhausted all other options. Managing inbound court notices for your accounts and making sure they are dealt with, within the required time frames with assistance from management.
- Assist with the purchase ledger to cover holidays/absences.
Credit Control | Debt | Sales Ledger | Customer Disputes | Reconciliation | Payments | Communication | SLAs | Court Documentation | Administration | Purchase Ledger | Telephony | Excel | MS Office | IT Literate | Accounting | Dimensions | SageEssential SkillsKey Competencies:
- Proven track record in a similar credit control position
- Excellent telephone manner
- Attention to detail
- Able to work on your own initiative, take ownership
- The ability to identify and escalate any issues of concern
- Experience of Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook
- Experience on accounting packages (Dimensions, Sage etc.)
Our dealership was established in 1979. A privately-run family business, we have over 40 years' experience of selling equipment and after sales services, making it one of the oldest and longest running dealers in the world.
This success has been based on us having an excellent team of people working hard "to grow our business by delighting our customers".