: Olton, Solihull, B27 6PFSalary:
£11,739 pa based on 21hrs per weekJob Type:
Permanent, Part Time (21 hours per week)Closing Date:
February 2021The Trust:
The Trust is a family of charities & community of people supporting those most in need in the West Midlands. They want everyone, regardless of age or circumstances, to feel secure, have opportunities and to thrive.
The services provided include:
- Safe, affordable and well-maintained alms-housing
- Residential and extra care
- Community and housing related support
- Services to advance the opportunities of children and young people in need
Everything they do is rooted in their 370 year history and driven by their vision for the future.Job Role:
They're looking for a part-time experienced Cook Supervisor to join the Catering Services Department, who will be working in conjunction with the Catering Services Manager and catering team to provide nutritious home cooked meals, afternoon tea/suppers, snacks/sandwiches and cakes.
They have a well-equipped commercial catering kitchen, cooking for around 70 people daily and offer residents a high standard of home cooked food, utilising fresh produce whenever possible.
They offer a supportive work environment with a personal development training programme and opportunities to attend additional training courses.Job Duties:
- Provide for special dietary requirements where necessary, and take into account the preferences of individual residents.
- To prepare nutritious food and beverages to a high standard and promptly in accordance with agreed mealtimes
- Liaise with the Catering Services Manager, Care Services Managers, Care staff and all Catering Staff to ensure that there is a whole team approach.
- Participate in Staff and residents' meetings as and when required.
- Supervise and instruct Kitchen Staff Members in the use of all equipment and hygiene procedures, giving help and guidance where appropriate.
- Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas.
- Ensure all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately, and that the overall cleaning of the kitchen area and the dining areas is carried out effectively.
- To monitor stock control and to ensure proper stock rotation of foodstuffs to minimise wastage, and to dispose of promptly any foodstuff found to be past "sell-by" dates for any reason.
- To maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen and food storage areas always, in accordance with the appropriate Food Hygiene Regulations.
- To ensure safe operation and maintenance, as needed, of all kitchen equipment.
What they offer:
- An enhanced DBS check will be taken up for the successful candidate
- Experience of working in a busy commercial kitchen
- Good knowledge of food hygiene and health and safety regulations in a kitchen
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Culinary skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Enthusiasm and Creativity
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise tasks
- Ability to work flexibly over a seven day week according to a staff rota
- A positive can-do attitude
- Shares the Trusts values
The Trust continues to reward staff with competitive pay rates and a number of employee benefits including:
- Starting on 31 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays (increases with service)
- An annual 'wellbeing' day for all staff
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Long service awards
- Ongoing career development training
The Trust is proud to be an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for these roles please click APPLY
button and information will be sent to your inbox
Please note should sufficient applications be received they reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time and recruit at any stage. They always encourage all interested applicants to apply at their earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully as this must be completed to submit your application fully
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Restaurant Chef, Breakfast Chef, Experienced Chef, Kitchen Chef, Catering, Food Catering, Catering Chef, Chef Assistant, Food Preparation, Cook, Assistant Chef, Cook Assistant, Kitchen Assistant, Kitchen Manager, Food Hygiene, Kitchen Supervisor will also be considered for this role