- Construction Manager/ Senior Site Manager
- Aberdeen, Inverurie, Aberlour, North West Scotland
Salary / Benefits:
- 45,000k - 50,000k
- Immediate Start
Our client focuses on connections, performance, energy efficiency and data to fast-track the rollout of new technologies and support two major changes: the digital transformation and the energy transition.
To be suitable for the position you must have;
- 5+ years OHL experience
- Experience working with Steel Towers
- SSE Background/authorised
Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have;
- Engineering Degree in a relevant field
- Strong understanding of Civil engineering around new build OHL
- 3-5 years Site Lead experience
- Our Client has tasked us with resourcing a permanent Construction Manager with extensive experience working on various Overhead Lines Projects. The successful candidates would be responsible for the management and delivery of their assigned projects across Scotland.
Purpose Of The Role
- To assist in the business developing & delivering schemes for all clients in the UK and Overseas
- To assist and lead bids, business development and then managing projects where we are successful.
- To Provide Technical Support to the Site Teams, with emphasis on client Technical Specifications, T&C's, Contracts, policies and procedures.
Role and Responsibilities;
Responsible for the successful delivery of all stages of an assigned projects to meet the key programme milestones. Provide support and preparation for the mobilisation of new projects. Accountable for the approval of the scope of works, the plan and estimate for each element of the project.
Accountable for team consistency in the preparation and presentation of project controls to be deployed on the project, including but not limited to; PMP, QA/QC Plan, project programme, risk & change management, EVM analysis, internal budget control and cash flow throughout. Prioritising the assignment of project resources and resolving conflicting requirements to actively seeking to improve and optimise project delivery. Ensure that performance management ethos and practice is adopted by project delivery teams.
Ensuring the successful resolution of issues and challenges on individual projects as required. Providing guidance and leadership and when necessary acting in the role of trouble-shooter.
Demonstrate effective individual and collective SHE leadership and promote enthusiastic SHE culture. Manage Safety through early development incorporating life cycle designs that minimise risk to personnel. Drive the "Safety by Design" philosophy through the project delivery process.
To work within established Company policies and procedures to address breaches of the SHE policies or management systems where necessary. Enforcing standards of quality and professionalism for each stage of the project lifecycle.
Monitoring compliance with, and the monitoring of NEC Contract terms and conditions, scope of work and variations log, NEC Contract terms and conditions, scope of work and variations log with sub-contractors.
Promote company values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with company ethos demonstrating safety, integrity & commitment at all times.
In accordance with our certification to the standards OHSAS 18001, ISO9001:2000 and ISO 14001 each employee will comply with and contribute to the effective implementation of the: Health and Safety policy, Quality Policy and Environmental Policy.
Undertake any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy the needs of the role
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.