Community Short Breaks Worker
Action for Children
£10 per hour
Working across services in Corby, Kettering and Northampton (Weekends and Evenings)
We are offering an in-depth induction, a managed caseload, regular case supervision and on-going training.
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
Northants Short Breaks Service is a county-wide serviceproviding short breaks to children and youngpeople and theirfamilies, supporting a range of ages and needs.
We have an inclusive approach that takes into account age, disability, and wider needs. It fits withour ethos of believing in the importance of allowing children and youngpeople to socialise and develop relationshipswith other children and youngpeople, regardless of their age, need and ability.
We are currently looking for a number of Young Persons Workers to workacross the county and help us maintain providing excellent support to Children and youngpeople aged 5 – 18 across the county.
We require successful candidates to work flexibly across weekends, additional hours maybe available in the summer holidays and other holiday periods.
You will make a difference by:
- Providing 1:1 support in group activities.
- Planning and executingactivities and also encouragingactiveparticipationacrossour group sessions.
- Building and maintaining excellent rapport withservice users and theirfamilies.
- Providingchildren and familieswithinformation and skills to help them supporttheir needs through a variety of challenges.
- Working collaborativelywithfamilies and other external stakeholders to make positive changes.
- Updating relevant paperwork.
You will need:
- Experience of working withYoungpeople aged 5-18with learning disabilities would be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of safeguarding practices.
- Creative, positive and proactive approach towards work.
- Confidence to conduct 1-2-1 sessions and group work that supportchildren and youngpeople's emotional health and wellbeing.
- To be able to work and travel across the county.
How do you apply:
- Please click on the ‘Apply Now' button.
- We shall ask you for a supporting statement telling us why you are right for this role and a CV, so please have something handy to upload this section willhelp you submit your application
If you needsupport in applying or have any questions call Sam Richardson, Recruitment Partner, on 01923 361737 or email Samantha.Richardson3@actionforchildren.org.uk
We may stop taking applicationsearly than advertised if we find the right person. So, try to get your application in early.
The way we work
We work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join ourteam. Learn more about ourbehaviours and values to understandmore about the way we work on ourAction for Children website.
We proud of the passionate people who work at Action for Children. And we offer a generous rewards package to recognise them. Find out more on our careers website
For safe and happy childhoods
At Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.