The NW Building Surveying team forms a large group of over 120 building surveyors nationally providing a broad range of both project and professional services, to a vast and broad spectrum of clients across a wide variety of sectors, including retail, commercial, residential and public. We pride ourselves on the quality of service delivery and the ability to build long term lasting relationships to our clients.
The Manchester Building surveying team prides itself on an extremely strong profile of blue chip clients across the region.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting for a Chartered / Senior Building Surveyor to undertake a broad spectrum of building surveying instructions to join our team within the Liverpool and/or Manchester office. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to strengthen our team and further develop the business by working closely with our existing clients and developing new business.
- Providing high calibre service and support for contract procurement and monitoring service lines
- To support business objectives and our goal to maintain Customer Service Excellence
- Being an active part of the management team
- Successfully achieving the required level of business development and profit growth
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- Develop your network of clients and contacts within the Northwest but particularly within Merseyside to generate new income streams.
- Actively promote our service offering and engage in business development.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Ideally you are already a senior surveyor who is looking to demonstrate the skills required to progress to associate level within the next few years.
- Experience post grad plus
- Degree qualified in Building Surveying or similar technical discipline
- Strong technical delivery experience
- MRICS or membership of other relevant professional body
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects and programmes in a proactive and diligent manner
- Excellent specification and report writing skills
- Professional services skills such as; dilaps, bank monitoring, party wall/neighbourly/legal matters, etc would be a real advantage.
- Detailed understanding of JCT Contracts and preferably NEC3.
- Strong track record in project management of projects from inception to completion up to 5m.
- Track record of working with stakeholders
- Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
- Able to build long-term relationships
- Able to develop new relationships, identify opportunities and undertake business development activities.
- Previously employed by a consultancy
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
- A team player, outgoing, friendly, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: