C# (cSharp) Developer – Fixed Term Contract
Device Applications Embedded c# / CSharp Developer – Fixed Term Contract
Due to an increase in development across a number of Projects we have a need for a Devices C#/Xamarin developer who will be primarily focused on developing and supporting the introduction of new products, and bug fixing of product issues.
This role will involve working with the Devices Technical Lead, and within a Scrum team developing application software on devices
- Develop, maintain and test microservice-based solutions on a number platforms – primarily Android, and primarily written in C#
- Realise and sustain the use of a CI/CD pipeline within the teams using bitbucket, Jenkins, Artificatory.
- Work with a Scrum team, attending and contributing to all ceremonies
- Coordination with Devices Lead and senior management for reporting of progress and impediments and to implement the development roadmap
- Contribute to the coordination of multiple Agile teams developing in parallel to a shared goal
- Actively contribute to improve the quality of both products and services by working in accordance with internal and external quality standards
- Assist in realising software process and tooling improvement activities
- Ensure that technical standards, documentation and processes are applied to all delivery artefacts
- Undertake software design reviews and provide guidance to other developers if necessary
- Assist in the refinement of specifications and requirements into a development backlogs, and present tested, working software in iteration reviews
- Write effective documentation and test processes
- Resolve technical issues arising during the project lifecycle and after release
- Assist in technical sales support and estimates for new sales opportunities or initiatives
- Assist in maintenance of staff equipment and software licencing.
- Significant experience within an embedded software development environment
- Scrum Master with experience of Scrum, Kanban, Agile Mindset
- 3+ years Object Oriented Design and Programming (e.g. UML, Design Patterns, SOLID principles)
- 4+ years C#/.NET Software Development using the Visual Studio IDE
- 2+ years Android development, ideally using Xamarin
- Experience of CI and the development/application of automated tests (TDD or BDD)
- Source control tools and platforms such as git, Bitbucket and VSTFS
- CICD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Artifactory
- Unit and code coverage tool experience such as NUnit, SonarCube, AltCover
- Experience of microservice architectures, REST Interfaces
- Programming for Windows CE/Windows Embedded Compact and use of .NET Compact Framework
- C/C++ Embedded Software Development on Linux
- Experience of database technologies
- Scaling Agile methodologies ideally including some knowledge of Disciplined Agile and LeSS
- HMI design and implementation
- Interfacing with factory engineering teams
- Any of the following areas of expertise would be an advantage:
- Transport Ticketing
- Point of Sale Terminals
- Contactless Smartcards, ITSO
- Contactless Payments and Payments Standards (cEMV, PCI)
- Internet Security and protocols – e.g. OWASP, OAuth2, OpenID
Flowbird has a presence in over 5,000 cities and towns, in 55 countries worldwide, delivering world-class innovative, intelligent transportation and parking solutions for cities on the move.
We employ over 1,300 people – all committed to creating and delivering effective, high quality, urban mobility and parking systems. Our technical and engineering expertise ensures our market leadership introducing new and emerging payment technologies and underpins our innovative products and services.
We have a wide and established global customer base including transit scheme owners, local authorities, transport and parking operators. They rely on Flowbird to provide effective solutions which enhance efficiency and deliver a significant return on investment.
Flowbird, globally and in the UK, are rapidly expanding to ensure we manage an increasing market share of a rapidly expanding urban mobility industry sector.
Flowbird’s UK headquarters in Poole are located 150 m from the edge of Europe's largest natural harbour; It is a mecca for water sport lovers. Stunning beaches. Bustling quayside offering excellent shopping and waterside dining. Nestled between Bournemouth and the Jurassic Heritage Coast, plus less than an hour from the New Forest, Poole is the perfect career base