Thompson Hospitality Corporation
Who We Are:
Thompson Hospitality is the nation’s largest minority-owned food and facilities management company. Our services include hospitality, full dining and quick service restaurants, campus dining, diversity consultation, facility operations and maintenance management. We are a family-run organization with more than twenty-five years providing services built on our core mission to provide a positive experience to every relationship we are involved in: one guest, one client, one team member at a time. As a fast growing company, we have a growth plan to more than double in size over the next three years. We are looking for team members who are interested in developing their careers to the next level while joining our team of over 4,000 employees, serving clients in over 40 states to include more than 1.9 million guests each year. Thompson Hospitality focuses on three core areas in everything we do:
- Give back to our communities
- Celebrate diversity
- Do the right thing
- Treat people the way you want to be treated
- Always do your best
- Be accountable for our actions
- Serve the highest quality food
- Provide world-class service
- Maintain flexibility to better serve our clients
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), matched up to 4%
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Pet Insurance
- Discounts: Hotels, Travel, Tickets
The Cashier/Counter Person operates a cash register, thanks customers for their business, handles minor complaints, maintains guest check records, assists servers with summary sheets as applicable, maintains the appearance of the facility entrances, and may replenish the restroom supplies.
- Provide excellent customer service and resolve minor complaints
- Refer any major complaints to the on-site Manager or Director.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and stand for a normal shift, no more than 8 hours.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Greet all customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Thank customers for their business.
- Inform customers of any upcoming specials.
- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Teaching others how to do something.
- Encourage repeat business.
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT SKILLS:
- Managing one's own time.
- Eliminate waster wherever possible.
- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to perform specific tasks.
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Greet customers entering establishments.
- Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Sell tickets and other items to customers.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas and complete other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying trash cans.
- Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
- Request information or assistance using paging systems.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
- Assist with duties in other areas of the store
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.FOOD AND BEVERAGE