Caseworker – Maternity Cover Contract
Islington and Lambeth
We are Family Action, a national charity committed to building stronger families and brighter lives by delivering innovative and effective services and support that reaches out to many of the UK’s most vulnerable people.
Friendship Works is the UK’s oldest mentoring service and provides volunteer adult mentors for vulnerable children and young people who are facing varied and multiple challenges in their lives. We are currently supporting children and young people in Camden, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Harrow and Lambeth.
We are looking for a Caseworker to join us on a maternity cover contract, starting as soon as possible, and support the delivery of Friendship Works.
- Competitive salary
- Competitive leave entitlement and pension scheme
- Career development opportunities
- A full induction and ongoing quality training
- The opportunity to become part of Family Action initiatives
- Flexible working hours
- Managed workloads with regular supportive and reflective supervision
If you have experience of working with children, young people and families, this is an exciting opportunity to support the success of a service that is changing lives in London.
You will have the chance to broaden young people’s horizons, help them to improve their self-esteem, confidence and sense of self-control and build the resilience needed to manage adversity, both now and in the future.
We are forward-looking, ambitious and committed to continuous improvement. We are a people-focused, can-do organisation that operates with mutual respect. If you share these values, we would love to hear from you.
As a Caseworker, you will support the success of the Friendship Works service by matching vulnerable children and young people with volunteer mentors.
In this key role, you will join a team of four Caseworkers who are responsible for assessing children’s referrals and preparing children and families for the mentoring relationship.
- Manage a caseload of children and volunteers
- Provide weekly supervision for mentors
- Actively provide a child-led approach in all aspects of service delivery
- Undertake assessments with children and their families that explore their interest and commitment to mentoring, as well as the challenges they face
- Undertake all aspects of the recruitment, assessment, preparation and training of volunteer mentors
To join us as a Caseworker, you will need:
- Extensive experience of working with children, young people and families
- Knowledge and experience of child protection issues and procedures
- A good understanding of child development and attachment and resilience theories
- A relevant professional qualification, such as a diploma (or higher) in counselling, psychotherapy, social work or youth work
Other organisations may call this role Care Worker, Social Care Worker, Mentoring Programme Co-ordinator, Support Worker, Social Worker, Children and Families Support Worker, Outreach Worker, Children’s Support Worker, or Young People’s Support Worker.
The closing date for applications is the 29th January 2021.
Webrecruit and Family Action are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Caseworker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week