30+ days ago
Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. We provide support and companionship to our clients within the comfort and privacy of their own home.
Our visits with our clients are a minimum of one hour. Our award winning training has been endorsed by The Princess Royal and we have an excellent reputation for the quality of care each of our Care workers deliver. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support.
We have opportunities across Cardiff, Dinas and Penarth. You are not required to be experienced as full training is provided and is ongoing throughout your employment.Job Description
Home Instead deliver care between 7am and 10.30pm so we can offer you various shift patterns and regular hours. To deliver care you are required to be a driver with access to your own vehicle.
Our Competitive Hourly Rates are from;
£9.50 to £10.40 PLUS Paid Travel Time at £9.50 per hour AND Mileage Allowance
Bank Holiday Rates are double time.
To provide professional companionship services and also the following
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Contribute to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
· Plan, prepare and tidy away meals
· Help with shopping
· Support with personal care; bathing, dressing, getting ready for the day ahead
· Provide dementia/Alzheimer care
· Offer friendly companionship and conversation
· Stimulate and encourage through a variety of activities eg. Hobbies and crafts
· Accompany to appointments/medical appointments
You will need a full driving licence and your own car to be considered for the role of Care Assistant.
No formal qualifications are required for this role. The only qualifications you will need are a smile, a kind, caring nature and a willingness to help people in your local community.
In addition if you have worked in a customer service environment such as Retail or Hospitality you will have skills that are transferable to working in care.
· Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
· Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations
· Ability to listen, communicate clearly and build relationships with clients/families
· Respect, Empathy and Understanding
· Ability to adapt to change quickly and make common sense decisions at short notice
· Good hygiene practice, including personal hygiene and a smart appearance
Working as a Care Assistant at Home Instead and what to expect;
At Home Instead you can have a career in care
If you're looking for work which is extremely rewarding and satisfactory and have a high-degree of flexibility to meet our clients' needs, we would love to hear from you. Please click on 'I'm Interested' or alternatively, contact us on 02920 569483
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.