£18k - £22k Per Year
1 day ago
My client is a leading service provider who are looking for a Laboratory Technician to support the UKAS Laboratory Manager ensuring continuation of the company accredited calibration & support activities in accordance with UKAS ISO17025 & ISO9001 conformance.
• Issuing and receiving engineer test equipment to schedule
• Calibration and repair of engineer test equipment
• Conduct routine testing and analysis of results
• Perform test equipment fault diagnosis, maintenance, repairs and cleaning to ensure these meet performance and quality standards
• Prepare accurate calibration reports, documents and certificates
• Control external resources where testy equipment is sub-contracted
• Ensure laboratory is a clean and tidy environment to work within
• Escalate any non-conformances to UKAS Laboratory Manager
• Other adhoc tasks necessary to support the business
Key Performance Indicators:
• Monthly test equipment issued and received to schedule
• Calibration and repair of test equipment to schedule
• Escalation reports for problem jobs / tasks
• Minimum 3 years’ experience on metrology or instrumental calibration – UKAS standard preferred
• Formal electronics qualification
• Able to use own initiative
• Strong organisational & problem-solving
• Excellent levels of communication at all levels, both internally and externally
• IT literacy in MS Word, Powerpoint & Excel.
Working for a market leader we are offering a package of £20,000 per annum plus great benefits. If this role is of interest then please apply with your CV and one of our consultants will be in touch.