Business Development Manager
Attractive salary plus benefits
European Metal Recycling is the UK’s metal recycling powerhouse . With some pioneering work practices and technology, we can offer a vibrant and dynamic environment for a motivated Business Development Manager professional to thrive in.
Our employees are the driving force of our success and we need an experienced Business Development Manager to help maximise efficiency, minimise cost and grow the business through business retention and development by procurement and business development.
There aren’t many organisations that offer the opportunities which EMR can. Despite being one of the worlds largest recycling companies, there is plenty of opportunity to make a demonstrable impact through the implementation Business Development strategies. Reporting to our Regional Commercial Manager, this ambitious Business Development Manager will be joining us to help cover the South West area.
Come and join the EMR family, a world of opportunity awaits.
About the role
You will help:
- Grow the business and identify new opportunities in advance of the competition.
- Generate New business and achieve financial growth
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Provide support to other Commercial buyers/ Business Development Managers maintaining and gaining new business.
- Purchase material, in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Develop/Manage accounts on CRM. Reporting and monitoring through the CRM App to drive daily/weekly targets.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities
- Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements
- Support the overall buying & selling strategy of the group.
- Proven track record of developing and delivering new purchases
- Proven track record of winning/ retaining new business
- At least 3-5 years as a Business Development Manager/ Area Sales Manager
- Must be an entrepreneurial self-starter who is open-minded and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communication skills/ relationship building
- Drives success: has a can do attitude to pursuing goals and seizes opportunities
- Strategic thinking: able to develop strategies and plans to achieve strategic outcomes.
- A full UK driving licence and able to travel and spend nights away from home
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.