Reporting to the Sales Manager, this is a fantastic opportunity for a growth-focused (hunter) sales professional to join a global ICT organisation with aggressive growth targets. This role is part of our expansion strategy to develop penetration in the UK market.
As a Business Development Manager, you will manage the complete sales cycle from initial prospect engagement through to deal close, and ongoing account management. You will push boundaries to solicit new business from direct customers to drive our organisation forward in the UK. With a consultative, solutions- based selling style, you will build effective relationships with new customers to fully understand their requirements and needs, working in close collaboration with the Pre-Sales, Services and Project team to embed and implement client solutions.
The successful candidate will be a determined, self-sufficient and energetic individual with exceptional communication skills and a dynamic hunter mentality.
- Proactively deliver on Damovo’s strategy for revenue and margin growth in the private and public sector ICT markets in the UK.
- Deliver sales revenues from new customers. This will include creating, maintaining and executing strategic account and opportunity plans to ensure structured development and an organised approach.
- Ability to develop pipelines through strategic and targeted planning.
- Generate, manage and close new business wins from within our target markets.
- Meet and exceed agreed monthly and annual margin and order intake targets.
- Work with the Pre-Sales, Services and Project teams to develop robust client solutions and managed services propositions.
- Manage all customer engagement, solutions definition, bid negotiation, pricing and closure activity.
Key Performance Indicators
- Delivery against commission plan targets (margin/order intake).
- Quality and execution of account plans, opportunity plans, and overall business activities
- Depth of customer engagement.
- Quality and quantity of business meetings/introductions.
- Pipeline creation and maintenance of at least three times target in any given period.
- Accuracy of monthly forecast commitment recorded on Salesforce.
Skills we are looking for
- 5+ years experience of successful solution and managed services sales within the ICT sector.
- Strong understanding of the marketplace and the requirements of prospective customers.
- Capable of presenting technology roadmaps in conjunction with the Pre-Sales team, demonstrating how a customer can drive maximum value from their technology for competitive advantage.
- You will excel in this role if you are:
- A natural hunter of business opportunities who demonstrates energy and enthusiasm.
- Used to the pressure of working to a clear sales target and meeting management expectations in terms of accurate forecasting and activity planning.
- Extremely organised and disciplined with excellent communication skills and a realistic approach to pipeline evaluation.
- Self-motivated and can thrive in a home-working environment.
- An astute, commercially aware individual with a naturally inquisitive streak with the ability to overcome obstacles and simplify complexity.