Business Development Manager
Location: Birmingham or Manchester
We are a No Nonsense Content Agency. When we say ‘no nonsense’ we mean it. It’s all about producing effective, data-led content with production expertise. We integrate audio, video, podcast, design, animation and photography with content strategy, to help businesses grow. We were founded on the simple belief that video is the most powerful medium for communications and that every business – no matter what their size or budget – should be able to benefit from it.
Now, almost a decade later, we are one of the fastest growing content agencies in the UK. But, more important than that, we love what we do, transforming our clients’ communications. We want every business to be able to experience the transformative effect of performance driven content and to enjoy making it with us.
We’ve worked hard to create a refreshing, vibrant and dynamic environment that brings out the best in our team. A happy workplace means happy people and happy clients! Join us to become part of our team producing content that works for some of the world’s greatest brands.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a driven and experienced Business Development Manager with a good knowledge of the agency and digital landscape, who wants to join a fast-paced, rapidly growing media business with the ability to build our presence and be an integral part of our growth.
- Actively seeking and securing new business opportunities.
- Creating and updating lists of target businesses, researching their current / future requirements.
- Creating and coordinating personalised proposals for clients to effectively communicate PinPointMedia’s offering.
- Follow up pro-actively with prospective clients including meetings, calls, events etc.
- Researching competitors, to understand their market and client base.
- Contacting potential clients via phone or email to establish rapport and set up meetings/follow-ups accordingly.
- Proactively seeking and attending networking and industry events
- Maintaining and building client relationships
- Conducting thorough fact finds with all enquiries to ensure a full brief is taken and their needs are understood.
- Creating accurate quotations and proposals for projects, with assistance from the Projects Team.
Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar B2B role.
- Sales and target orientated with a strong commercial awareness.
- Proven experience in targeting sales contacts and converting leads into revenue.
- Ability to think strategically to identify possible opportunities.
- Be able to have intelligent and relevant conversations with marketing decision makers and to manage an ongoing dialogue with prospects.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Confident, presentable and articulate, with the ability to voice and share ideas and opinions both internally and with clients.
- Strong understanding of lead-gen platforms and tools.
- Hubspot experience is a bonus.
- A deep understanding of marketing principles.
- Understanding of video production, photography, podcasts and/or animation.
- Excellent understanding of excel, word, powerpoint.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Strong creativity with high attention to detail.
- Confident in own abilities.
- Able to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
- A problem solver who is proactive, driven and ultra-organised.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- Must be detail-oriented, diligent and very well organised.
- Great team player with a client-centric focus and possess the ability to build strong and effective working relationships.
- Sense of humour.
What’s in it for you?
- Fantastic, friendly and close-knit team.
- Company laptop & mobile phone.
- Company pension.
- 23 days holiday allowance + bank holidays.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Development & training.
- Monthly Recognition Scheme & Company improvement scheme.
- Annual awards.
- 3, 5 & 10 year anniversary awards & additional annual leave.
- Guaranteed annual pay rise.
- Regular company socials - anything from go-karting to clay-pigeon shooting! Strictly no ‘team-building’ torture!
- Summer and Christmas parties.
- Monthly one to ones with your Line Manager and Biannual appraisals.
Competitive Salary DOE p/a plus benefits.
Are you in?
We’d love to get to know you so please include a funny or interesting fact about yourself in your application alongside either a video-based application or your CV, cover letter and any examples of work.