SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
We aim to be the most competitive and the most productive service organization in the world. Our core competencies in inspection, verification, testing and certification are being continuously improved to be best-in-class. They are at the heart of what we are.
- Job Title: Business Development Executive
- Job Type: Permanent
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Job Location: Glasgow
- Remuneration: As business development executive, you’ll receive a salary of up to £27,000 per annum, depending on experience level plus sales commission, plus you’ll benefit from private health cover after 1 years’ service, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
As business development executive you’ll be responsible for providing a pipeline of sales ready leads for certification, training and bespoke service delivery to the sales and business development teams, in order to contribute towards the achievement of overall business objectives. You’ll sell over the phone / email / online products & services from the SGS portfolio, in order to achieve an agreed target level of sales and develop profitable business with new and existing customers.
- Identify opportunities from download leads based on an understanding of campaign activity to gain initial interest and develop the lead into a fully qualified sales lead.
- To answer inbound sales enquiries for new customers, presenting products and services with confidence, working with prospects in a consultative manner to ensure full potential of each enquiry is achieved, developing profitable business with new customers.
- Make outbound sales calls to generate new qualified leads, to be passed to a Sales Executive or to follow-up close.
- To manage, collate and create proposals to be sent via phone/email and closed into a final sale.
- To book appointments for sales for designated campaign activity to progress contacts through the sales process.
- To develop and maintain quality and progressive relationships with prospective customers and key clients at all times.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need proven experience in a Business Development role and recent experience in telesales (outbound / inbound)
In addition to the above you’ll also need to demonstrate the following;
- Experience of establishing professional and progressive relationships with key influencers in client organisations
- Ability to negotiate effectively with customers
- Experience of working in a busy B2B office environment in a customer facing role
- Able to work under own initiative and with a high degree of autonomy
- Effective interpersonal skills – able to develop positive working relationships with people at all levels, both with SGS colleagues and external clients
- Sound local/global working knowledge of the services/business including, market trends, statutory obligations, new innovations & any environmental, economic and political influences, etc
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days