Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Build Engineer to join our talented production team at our studio in Horsham, based in heart of Sussex, England. The Build Operations team is a core part of the development cycle with many responsibilities, touching all areas of the game development. You will be crucial in enabling the development team to work without blockages and as efficiently as possible.
So, to be successful in this role, you will be forward-thinking, proactive when working with teams, but comfortably autonomous in your problem-solving, decision making and confident in your communication.Key Responsibilities
As a Build Engineer, you will work closely within the Build & Release team that maintains and improves the code release pipeline for our new IP. You will be open, friendly, and approachable and be a nexus of information on the project. You will collaborate and communicate with developers across the team from all disciplines. In this position, you will be the key point of contact for assistance in various software and build related issues, build delivery timetables and build requests.
In this role, you will liaise with the Build Engineering team to formulate plans and infrastructure to help with the fast and effective delivery of builds to the wider team. You will also be responsible for creating and managing work processes that improve build robustness and helping to foster an environment of responsible development.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
Knowledge, Skill and ExperienceEssential
- Develop, modify, debug and optimize existing build / asset pipeline and CI systems
- Create and manage work processes that improve build robustness and helping to foster an environment of responsible development
- Be a key point of contact for assistance in various software and build related issues, build delivery timetables and build requests
- Diagnose and troubleshoot build problems and advertise these to the teams
- Document, track and communicate build status priority changes, communicate requirements clearly and ensure they are understood and actioned
- Work with the various stakeholders to triage a build appropriately as it moves towards its release deadline. Discuss and escalate concerns. Ensure tech and decision pipelines are freed up or are made aware of bottlenecks ahead of time
- Knowledge of version control software – e.g., Perforce or Git
- Administering CI systems such as Jenkins, Hudson or Teamcity
- Experience using UE4
- A solid technical foundation - e.g., Computer Science / Maths degree or equivalent
- Forward thinker and problem-solver with the drive to seek out and acquire information
- Detail oriented with very strong organisational skills
- Approachable, friendly, and confident in decision making
- Excellent communication skills
Previous experience working in one or more of the following roles would be advantageous:
- Experience managing large volumes of requests and work priorities
- At least one shipped title was a Live Operations service
- Experience shipping games on consoles
- Experience with data handling tools – e.g., PowerBi or Kibana
- Experience with post launch product support
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.