Role: Mobilisation Manager (Build to Rent)
Reporting to: Head of Asset Management
LIV is a leading build to rent and residential block management company, delivering services nationwide. We currently manage tens of thousands of apartments in the UK and are involved in numerous schemes at different stages of development. Our clients include major developers and global investment funds and we also represent thousands of leaseholders nationwide.
The diversity of our client base calls for an integrated team approach and our experts strive to deliver value to our clients through clear, innovative thinking and timely solutions. We are also firm believers that you create your own success! As an entrepreneurial business we recognise and promote individuals who show potential to commit and grow with the business.
LIV is part of Cortland, who wish to develop 10,000 BTR units in the UK over the next 5-7 years commencing with our first 486-unit BTR residential development in Watford.
As Mobilisation Manager within the build to rent team your primary focus is to ensure the successful launch and mobilisation of new BTR developments. You will also assist the Business Development team with new tender documentation and client presentations.Other key roles you willplay are:
- Accountable for the operational set-up of BTR assets and have the ability to draw upon your extensive property experience
- Responsible for coordinating the launch ofmultiple BTR projects simultaneously and to ensure the relevant resource is available to meet deadlines and targets
- Able to oversee numerous workstreams and project manage your own property empire
- Appreciate that every facet of the asset, product and servicemust be analysed to achieve exceptional customer experience. Never rest on your laurels as each scheme brings its own complexities and challenges
- Understand that how you design and implement strategy will be directly influence the onboarding of onsite associates, as you race to reach stabilisation
- Able to communicate across a number of levels including; investors, clients, developers and contractors
- Each interaction should be clear, concise and adhere to your mobilisation goals and business plan
- Form constructive partnerships within the wider business including; marketing, finance, service desk and talent team
- Have the ability to set stretched targets for yourself, and communicate your expectations to ensure deadlines are consistentlymet
- Create regular progress reports, deliver monthly presentations and share your launch strategy with internal and onsite associates
- Able to articulate your approach to mobilisation and building launch alongside the Business Development team during tender presentations
- Seek to build relationships with BTR industry leaders to ensure our developments incorporate the latest technology for our associates and residents
The Financial Advisor
- Display an in-depth understanding of mobilisation and operational budgets
- Have the ability to create your own cashflow model that captures various market conditions and provides an insight into the profitability of a BTR asset
- Communicate the methodology that you’ve followed during your budget and financial model creation, but noting that not everyone will need to know the minute detail that you possess
- Anticipate potential trends, forecasts and financial risks for each BTR scheme and create a contingency plan for each asset
THE IMPACT YOU CAN MAKE
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, consistently challenge the status-quo and get others to march to your beat
- You’re highly motivated and understand the importance of adhering to deadlines
- The launch of a development’s operations is in lockstep with each asset’s business plan and goals
- Understand the importance of regular onsite meetings and travelling to your developments during construction and post-PC
- Able to recruit and train and onsite team to deliver exceptional customer service through every onsite interaction
- Appreciate that you’ll hand over full responsibility of the development to an Asset Manager, who will continue your hard through to and beyond stabilisation
YOUR BUILDING BLOCKS OF SUCCESS
- Solid background in property management or mobilisation
- University degree or relevant industry training (IRPM, ARLA, RICS)
- Experience in GTN modelling and NOI forecasting,including rent setting
- Strong understandingof a property’s PPM and compliance requirements
- Experience of partnering with other internal departments
- Understandmarketing strategies and routes to market within BTR
- Ability to create and explain financial reports and models
- Project management comes as second nature to you
- Respect that the customer experience will heavily influence your decision-making process
- Ability to prioritise and manage high workloads in peak periods
- Good experience of working with Microsoft Office
- Superb written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
THE LIV DIFFERENCE
At LIV we understand that client service delivery and a focus on the resident experience sits at the heart of what we do. We put our customers and our residents first and enjoy the part we play in building vibrant, new communities.
We have worked extensively on large residential developments throughout the UK which has allowed us to develop specific experience and expertise in all the key areas that are relevant to successful management delivery. We are very fortunate to have a talented team and it is their combined experience which ensures we are at the forefront of the industry today.
Many of our competitors talk about what services they provide but we believe what makes us different is that we have been delivering these promises now for several years, at sites across the country.
With LIV’s plans of further expansion, we would be delighted to see whether you believe you are the right person to continue this exciting journey with us.
LIV is an equal opportunities employer.