Who are we?
Do you want to be part of a team at the forefront of the broadcast industries transformation? We work in collaboration with the most progressive broadcasters on their most critical projects.
We've been at the front of the network and video convergence for over a decade. Compression, networking, Linux and virtualisation is in our blood and over the next decade we intend to lead the adoption of cloud, SDN and virtualised microservices within broadcast. It’s this knowledge and experience that makes us the go-to solutions provider for design teams across the broadcast industry.
If you love technology, pushing technical boundaries and are looking to join a team who really cares about exceeding expectations, Techex is the place for you.
Careers at Techex mean the freedom and support within our close-knit team to get the job done. We are an independently owned, growing organisation with a diverse mix of highly experienced engineers and developers, continually looking to challenge the status quo. If you thrive on a hands-on approach, being a trusted advisor to our customers and want unrivalled opportunities to develop yourself and your team, get in touch!
What are we looking for?
We are looking for passionate engineers with experience in developing broadcast system designs and supporting critical infrastructure to provide high levels of required uptime.
Your top priority needs to be the success of our customers projects. The candidate will enjoy working within the wider team to solve complex problems with existing and emerging technology and get the right information in the right hands, ensuring the customer is happy and keeping information flowing in the company.
To be successful as an engineer at Techex you will need to be flexible and upbeat with a relentless approach to problem solving. You will develop new ideas and ways of working and contribute to the direction of the organisation.
Self-motivation is an essential quality, we value people who are interested and take an interest in their continued professional development. A successful candidate will be meeting or talking with clients and suppliers on a daily basis so must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work seamlessly with our customers and partners in the selection, design, deployment and support of progressive broadcast solutions.
- Collaborate with other engineers and developers to provide successful delivery of new technologies and networked video/audio solutions.
- Own the full project lifecycle from customer relationship development, system design, implementation support and continuous improvement.
- Pro-actively diagnose, update and resolve issues for our customers; delivering technical expertise for incidents and change requests.
- Share knowledge and experience with engineers and the wider organisation.
- Grow as part of a diverse team of engineers and developers from a range of backgrounds and levels of experience across multiple industries.
- Troubleshoot complex problems at system, device, application, protocol level.
- Provide outstanding 2nd line support for many manufacturers’ products and our own software.
- Act as a trusted escalation point for our customers through providing out-of-hours on-call support as part of a 24/7 service.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a relevant role.
- An eye for detail.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Self-motivation: ability to manage priorities, and strong initiative to accomplish tasks.
- Feeds off problem solving.
- Passionate about Media technology.
- Knowledge of analogue and digital audio-visual standards
- Knowledge of compressed audio/video and media transport
- Understanding of real time transport protocols such as RTP, UDP and MPEG-TS
- Experience with virtualisation technologies and environments.
- Experience deploying and managing systems in at least one of the following: AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Linux server operating system experience.
- Competence in Bash, Python, Go or other scripting.
- Experience of using network analysis/packet capture tools such as Wireshark
- Valid driving licence and passport.
- Devops / infrastructure as code / automation experience.
- CCNA or higher/equivalent non-cisco qualification (Routing & Switching or Data-Centre/SDN) and experience of multicast network design and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of current and emerging audio/video and media compression and transport technologies (HEVC, JPEG2000, JPEGXS, ST 2022, ST 2110).
- Ability to use test equipment/software to analyse MPEG streams.
- Experience of PRTG or other network monitoring systems (NMS)
- A fantastic environment to work where every contribution is valued.
- Unrestricted opportunity for advancement at any time based on individual contribution.
- The chance to work on the most progressive projects with some of the world's major broadcasters.
- Contributory pension scheme, matching pension contributions up to 5%.
- Free parking at our Bracknell office.
- Subsidised canteen facilities on site (COVID dependant!).
- Free, fresh espresso.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Flexible working environment.
- Personalised continual professional development.
A bit more about us:
We like to think we are the broadcast industry’s best kept secret. We’ve been around since 1971, focusing on our core competence for over a decade and since then we have built up an impressive list of long-standing customers. We challenge the way IP is used to move and manage video, using best of breed vendors and in-house technology.
Our value is created through a deep understanding of our customers problem and the application of our experience, specialist knowledge and technology to address them.
Our employees might say we build our business on deep relationships, we’re dynamic and agile in the way that we work and are a fun and supportive team. We only hire super smart, hard-working individuals who can live up to our values and the expectations of our customers.