Imagine new horizons….
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE company, provides businesses and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Our world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. At Dassault Systèmes we empower people with passion for change and innovation, #WeAre3DS.
What will your role be? Your challenges ahead…
BIOVIA seeks an experienced materials science software development leader to manage software development of its existing Materials Studio and Solvation Chemistry products, as well as the introduction of new products in the field of materials informatics and machine learning. This person will oversee the transition of our materials science software portfolio from the current industry-leading tool suite to an integrated solution enabling product engineering in aerospace composites, batteries, formulations, pharmaceuticals, and related industries. They will work closely with our materials portfolio manager and join the BIOVIA RD senior staff working together to deliver an integrated cloud platform that enables virtual plus real design solution.
- Lead scientific software development teams in Cambridge, UK, and Leverkusen Germany
- Work effectively with Portfolio Managers and Product Managers to ensure delivery against agreed priorities, meeting current and future user needs
- Interact directly with customers at a scientific and technical level during product design and issues escalation events
- Work with other RD teams to deliver materials science software that is integrated with engineering software to deliver complete materials process solutions
- Contribute to the development of a plan for the transition of legacy features to our cloud platform.
- Lead software engineering teams in the design and development of High Performance Computing applications
- Play a proactive role in proposing technologies, tools approaches
- Identify and manage engagement risks and flag major issues early
- Ensure adequate process control
- Manage software engineering schedules, budget, and resource allocation
- Drive improvements in our development practice of continuous delivery
- Identify issues preventing success and propose solutions to senior management
- Work with other 3DS brands to set the architecture and development plans for our global materials science solutions
Your Key Success Factors:
- Education: Ph.D., MS, or equivalent in the sciences or mathematics from a leading institution.
- At least 10 years’ experience in developing commercial scientific software.
- Significant understanding of contemporary issues in the materials arena.
- Experience in data science and machine learning.
- Good knowledge of the market in computational material science and computer simulations in this area
- A track record of leading high performance tech teams.
- Experience in back-end integrations, APIs and microservices, cloud architecture, infrastructure as code, databases
- Experience in building devops, and in working with a dedicated QA team
- Ability to bridge strategy and execution and balance short term and long-term objectives
- Familiarity with experimental methods and laboratory informatics as used in materials science.
- Able to propose and implement innovative solutions to complex scientific problems combining the skill from many teams.
- Good oral and written communication skills: can talk to scientists and managers alike.
- Hands-on coding skills in C++ and Fortran (not necessarily recent).
- Significant understanding of software development practices (source control, QA, bug tracking, etc.).
- An understanding of agile, waterfall, and scaled agile methodologies.
- Evidence of management skills, teams should have had at least 15 members.
- An understanding of web development.
- Understands and can explain how and when to select a wide variety simulation and statistical methods for a specific problem.