Bank Registered Nurse
Registered General Nurse - Bank
£17.74 - £18.24(weekends)
Home Close, Fulbourn
We are seeking RGNS who have the skills and expertise to ensure residents receive the best clinical support and the highest quality of care. This could be simply a ‘hand to hold’, sharing a cuppa and a chat, or just giving the reassurance that residents and families are being looked after. We recognise and value that nurses are a critical part of the jigsaw and we will ensure that we look after you, whilst you look after our residents.
Home close is in a quiet location on the outskirts of Cambridge yet within easy reach of the A14 and served by good public transport links. It is set within its own large landscaped grounds that are bordered by many mature trees, creating a private peaceful environment.
The home can accommodate up to 72 residents and is registered to accept nursing and residential residents.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To ensure timely and effective communication is maintained with colleagues and other healthcare professionals to achieve planned goals.
- Assist with the assessment/evaluation, admission, care programme and discharge processes of all residents.
- Administer and order medicines as required by the home in accordance with the homes’ policies and procedures.
- Work within the NMC codes of conduct and scope of practice and within the homes’ policies and procedures.
- Provide support and professional supervision to care staff and nursing staff as appropriate.
- Ensure effective communication with relatives and other healthcare professionals.
- Ensure confidentiality regarding all aspects of care and management of the home is maintained.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.