We are looking for an Engineering Manager to manage 10-15 resources in our ever-growing Canopy back-end development team.
The ideal candidate will have experience of leading a team of developers through the migration from a Java based monolithic architecture to a modern day microservices environment.
The team are working on our industry leading enterprise product Canopy adding new features + migrating to the latest back-end technology. We now need somebody to manage the resources in this team ensuring they have a personal development plan and receive the managerial support they need to maximize their potential both individually and collectively as a team.
Our product is developed using a range of the latest Java Development tools including Spring Boot, Microservices, and Kubernetes whilst adopting a TDD / BDD approach to ensure clean, reusable code is deployed through CI/CD pipelines. Whilst this is not a hands-on role, it would be great if you have a passion for the latest tech and have the ability to empower your team to fully utilise the ever-changing Java eco-system.WHAT I NEED TO DO:
- Set team and individual objectives based on a strategy set by the Head of Development.
- Hold regular 1-2-1 sessions with team members.
- Perform periodic performance reviews and ensure team members are meeting and fulfilling their objectives.
- Work with the Recruitment Team to find new talent and be involved in all aspects of the recruitment and onboarding process.
- Define a training plan for each team member and help them reach their career goals.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures required to ensure the team produce high quality work.
- Be commercially aware and be able to translate commercial priorities and decisions to the team.
- Ensure work is scheduled correctly and that the team stay on track and flag any issues early.
- Work with the technical lead in the team to ensure that technical objectives are met.
Java | Team Lead | Development Manager | Backend | Engineering Manager | Backend Engineering Manager | Management | Leadership | Full-stack | Scrum | AgileEssential SkillsWHAT I NEED TO KNOW:
- Previous experience as a Java developer or backend developer preferably in a lead capacity would be ideal.
- Demonstrable experience of working with Java related technologies.
- Knowledgeable in migrating from the monolith to microservices
- Experience working with Scrum Agile development methodology.
- Experience working in a product development company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience scheduling developers and sequencing work.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate developers to help them and the team succeed.
- Have excellent commercial awareness.
On top of a competitive salary, you can expect a whole load of perks:
We are Team ITG.
- 25 days' holiday + bank holidays - we understand the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
- So many savings - through our online community platform, you can access dozens of daily deals, from money off top brands to discounts on days out.
- Employee Assistance Programme - our people are at the heart of everything we do, so if you're happy, we're happy.
- Raising money for charity - we're all about giving back… and having lots of fun in the process!
- Referral scheme - know the perfect person to join the team? You could bag £1,000 for a putting a good word in.
We make collaboration happen. We simplify the complicated. We automate the tedious. We create the beautiful.
Over the last decade we've grown a lot - new people, new technology and lots of brilliant new clients. We're a tech-led marketing business on a mission. A mission to liberate marketers. How? With a blend of our cutting-edge tech-stack, our dedicated team of over 1,000 marketers, fanatical customer service and a passion to help everyone be their creative best...