Automation Engineer (remote)
Play Sports Group
We are looking for an automation engineer to join our App Development team, to work on an exciting sports app (the GCN App) and help to improve our testing processes and automate our releases.
Our App has recently launched, and we are continuously adding more features to make it the best Cycling App on the market. Our aim is to create an App that is user friendly and catered to passionate cycling fans across the world, bringing an immersive cycling experience.
We are looking for someone to join our QA Team who has previous mobile app automation experience (Appium and/or Selenium), to help our QA team to automate processes and speed up the development of the App.
What can you expect:
- Working on an exciting, brand-new product within the cycling industry.
- Being part of a team that cares: we want you to enjoy your role, feel listened to, and be able to develop your skills. You’ll join internal knowledge sharing sessions and get development time regularly each month.
- Fully flexible, hybrid working. Need to work remotely? No problem. We have a flexible approach within our Digital team and welcome how you prefer to work.
- Generous holiday allowance. 25 days plus at least 3 days to facilitate a festive shut down each year.
- Free GMBN or GCN clothing on arrival.
- Up to 50% in the GCN, GMBN, EMBN and GTN shops.
- Partner and sports brands discounts.
- Gym discounts.
- Brand new mac to work on.
- Company bike rides / socials during the summer months.
- Team lunches when you visit the office.
- Develop a sustainable and maintainable automation framework.
- Build tools to support automated app releases on iOS and Android.
- Implement core test Automation strategy and framework.
- Ensure user needs are understood and user stories contain effective, actionable acceptance criteria.
- Work with Developers to highlight gaps and resolve defects.
- Plan, organise and monitor all phases of test automation.
- Work closely with all team members to ensure the quality of the product and software delivered is of a high standard.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Knowledge and experience with Espresso Android automation framework.
- Experience working with CircleCI or any other CI/CD platforms.
- Understanding how Mobile apps are built using tools such as Gradle Android Studio.
- Understanding of Git flow.
- Experience in performing root causes analysis on build and test automation logs.
To read more about careers at Play Sports Network, please click here. We also recommend that you take a look at our YouTube channels (GCN, GMBN and GTN are the main ones), and download the GCN App.
Check us out on GlassDoor, and please leave a review about how you have found the recruitment process - we welcome your feedback!