Automation Engineer B
Today’s business landscape requires companies to flex with changing global requirements and to leverage digital capabilities to meet customer expectations. Fortna helps clients solve the most complex distribution challenges and ensure business continuity. We are an end-to-end design-build firm, delivering data-driven solutions supported by engineering expertise, intelligent software, and best-fit technologies. Our solutions help improve performance, enable growth, and ultimately drive profitability.
Fortna UK is going through an exciting period of growth and looking to expand its team with enthusiastic, career-driven and motivated individuals. As the successful candidate, you will receive significant support and mentoring to ensure a successful transition into the Fortna team, where you will be surrounded by collaborative and like-minded individuals who will support your development as you build your career with the business.
We are now building on our success by developing our service and support capability and are delighted to be able to offer positions in this new team. The team will provide professional engineering support to one of our large clients located in the Midlands, giving the successful candidates a real opportunity to have input into a developing a high-quality maintenance regime.
As well as a competitive salary and package we also offer you comprehensive training that will enhance your career, personal growth and expertise.
The primary responsibility of the Automation Engineer B will be to provide site-based engineering support to minimise downtime and ensure uptime and availability of the installed automated equipment on the Client’s site. Through technical leadership and a commitment to service quality, the Automation Engineer will support the Client by utilising a broad range of skills including mechanical, electrical and controls and will take a proactive approach to improving performance and reliability.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Carry out maintenance and servicing of all onsite automated equipment.
- Carry out planned repairs and reactive repairs of automated material handling equipment including, tote conveyors, spiral conveyors, sorters, shuttles and robotics
- Fault-finding and diagnosis of mechanical and electrical faults
- Respond to automation faults and breakdowns in a timely manner ensuring minimal downtime
- Walking the system to continuously assess and address any ongoing issues.
- Prioritise system faults and optimise uptime and availability of onsite automated equipment
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Complete all reports in line with our Service Level Agreement using CMMS and Microsoft software packages
- Support service tracking and analysis of error rates and assist in the production of corrective action plans.
- Comply with health and safety legislation at all times
- Actively support the continuous improvement programme, generating ideas and inspiring others
- Be operationally minded with all decisions
- Support the delivery, installation, commissioning and testing of upgrades and enhancements
- Ensure optimum levels of onsite spare parts are maintained
- Support customer meetings as required
- Mentor, train and advise site apprentices
- Look for opportunities that can add value for the customer
Keyword: Automation Engineering
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship, ONC/HNC or equivalent qualification in engineering
- Experience in mechanical and electrical technology systems
- Experience of working with automated material handling systems
- Experience of working at height
- Understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Basic understanding of control systems and techniques
- Basic understanding of PLC equipment
- A working understanding of Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic technical manuals & drawings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
- Experience of transferring and knowledge sharing
- Proven competence in H&S
- PC literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrable understanding of the principles of excellent customer service
- Effective time and workload management skills
- IOSH or equivalent.
- Experience of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
- Experience of robotics
- 18th Edition
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our organisation who, in addition to providing a competitive salary package, offer many additional benefits including Private Healthcare, Health Cash Plan, Company Contributory Pension scheme, Fitness/Wellness reimbursement programme, Volunteer time off as well as significant personal development opportunities, all within a modern working environment.
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop your existing skills in a positive and supportive working environment, think you can add value to our aim of constantly striving to anticipate the rapidly changing needs of our Clients and develop new services to meet those needs, please submit your application and we hope to meet you soon.
Fortna is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.