Associate Materials Engineer
Job Description Summary=== BE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER! ===
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are recruiting an Associate Materials Engineer to provide technical support for polymer science as part of the Engineering Services team, collaborating on new product development & manufacturing expansion projects, as well as providing technical support to Operations. You will be responsible for providing accurate information obtained from research, testing and investigations on materials, allowing the build and development of new technologies and competencies in the polymer science field.
- Conduct material data analysis on polymers for injection moulding process and provide required data to support computer aided engineering (CAE) simulation for injection moulding.
- Conduct routine materials testing and investigations, making use of the techniques available.
- Support activities for installation and validation of polymer testing and metrology equipment.
- Support Design For Manufacture activities working with R&D to define materials specifications & identification of suitable solutions for new products.
- Lead and perform analytical and mechanical testing analysis for polymers, validating theory through simulation & processing trials.
- Provide occasional support to other areas of the team (e.g. Metrology).
- Support development of new testing methods / inspection techniques for moulded components.
- Provide required documentation and reports for materials testing (e.g. UTM) assessment.
- Communicate and provide regular and accurate up to date work planning and reports for jobs and activities on related projects.
- Demonstrate strong and clear accountability/responsibility for successful and timely completion of designated tasks.
- Ensure compliance with BD quality policies, cGMP, procedures, and practices through appropriate communication, training, and education of sound quality assurance principle.
The successful candidate will have a qualification in polymer, materials science or chemistry or proven experience.
Knowledge and experience in a relevant engineering/materials field, with evidence of existing competencies in materials science, both theory and practical.
Understanding of polymer chemistry and processing fundamentals with experience of materials analysis.
You will be IT literate with good CAE skills along with statistical analysis using MiniTab or Excel and be able to pick up new systems quickly. You will have excellent communication and collaboration skills. You will have attention to detail and a personal desire to grow and improve your knowledge and skills
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.