KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
KPMG's Energy Lead Advisory practice has an industry reputation for delivering forward thinking and objective advice for our top tier energy clients and global footprint and negotiation prowess, as well as an envied track record in closing successful deals. Together, our firm's Corporate Financiers have advised on or arranged critical and sensitive equity and debt transactions for some of the world's largest corporations, financial institutions and strategic participants.
KPMG is the leading Energy M&A advisor in the UK, Europe and globally. Revenue growth means we are in the market for recruiting Top Talent, who are keen to contribute to the ongoing success of the business.
The business has significant growth ambitions, through continued deep sector expertise and delivering the highest quality deal execution. The KPMG Energy Lead Advisory business, spanning the spectrum of M&A, strategic, regulatory and deal advisory service lines; having built:
• Senior and trusted client relationships across top-tier global companies, new strategic entrants, financial investors and leading developers.
• An enviable set of market credentials across each of KPMG’s major service lines.
• A diverse skill set and deep sector expertise spanning across all sectors.
We are recruiting experienced M&A Advisors with an Energy background. The role will allow the successful candidate to work on a broad range of domestic and international transactions for corporate, financial institutions, private equity and owner managed clients. The scope of the role will include both execution of transactions as well as helping with the origination of new opportunities.
You can help clients through acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, buy-outs, major projects, capital raises, debt structuring and issuance, and complex re-financings, distressed M&A and with business valuations.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Lead projects (with support from Director/ Partner) including being one of the senior points of contact with clients on M&A projects
• Actively managing client interfaces, taking responsibility for the day to day project management and delivery of M&A transactions. This will include assuming responsibility for managing all phases of the transaction cycle and deal execution
• Leading and managing the delivery of transaction documentation including pitch materials and client proposals
• Directing and managing colleagues, wider support staff and other external advisers
• Supervising and reviewing financial analysis complex modelling carried out by team members
• Build and develop strong relationships in the market
• Take responsibility for agreed areas of origination and business development
• Set, monitor and control M&A project budgets, billing and other reporting requirements.
Attributes, Qualifications & Skills
• Strong academic background (ACA, CFA, MBA or equivalent)
• Significant experience within M&A advisory
• Proven execution ability and developing origination skills
• Strong numerical, analytical and strategic thinking skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Personal drive to deliver results and ambition to make an impact in a growing sector
• Demonstrated experience of infrastructure financial modelling
• Commitment to high quality standards, attention to detail and motivation to deliver results within tight deadlines
• Personable approach, possessing the ability to create confidence and trust with colleagues and clients alike
• Sector specific M&A experience and strong Transactional experience with a demonstrable record of deal execution across all phases of the transaction cycle from origination to completion
Experience & Background
• Must have relevant corporate finance experience in an investment bank, big 4, private equity team, M&A Boutique or corporate business development role
• Have a good knowledge of financing structures, particularly, debt project finance, equity infrastructure finance including high leverage and other types of project based financing;
• Have a knowledge and experience of advising and executing projects to a financial close for private sector clients (including M&A and refinancing);
• Have a knowledge and experience of advising public sector clients with particular experience of undertaking option appraisals, value for money analysis and business case development;
• Have good business case writing, Excel and Power-point skills;
• Be skilled in financial modelling, financial analysis, in addition to having an understanding of financial accounting;
• Strong ability to interpret and present outputs from financial models to support the provision of commercial advice;
• Relish the opportunity for interaction and dialogue with companies, investors, regulators and other stakeholders, and with a host of functions across KPMG;
• Be an independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions, helping us to remain at the cutting edge of thinking in the sector;
• Have experience of working in and managing people in teams;
• Appreciate the chance to work on a wide range of projects and proposals simultaneously to demanding timetables;