Associate Casualty Claims Adjuster
DISCOVER your opportunity
Associate Casualty Claims Adjuster
Explore. Analyze. Cultivate. Collaborate. Innovate.
At AXA XL our Claims team sets us apart. Our experienced Claims professionals use their specialised expertise to handle even the most complex claims seamlessly. How do you make a good thing better? You focus on excellence and creating a culture of continuous improvement. You create an environment that fosters collaboration, customer service and colleague development. And you build a team of passionate and innovative claims experts who see success as a reason to roll up their sleeves and drive for improvement.
The business we write is truly global, the risks are varied from mining in Australia, to municipalities in Italy, snow contractors in Canada to Healthcare providers for the correctional facilities in the US. Working with a select pool of local Adjusters and Experts across all our jurisdictions, we can deliver the service that our customers have come to expect of us.
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to complement our Casualty Claims team and to join an organisation who pride themselves in providing their colleagues with growth opportunities. This is a varied and challenging role, so you’ll need to be able to think on your feet, adapt to changing workloads, and to be able to communicate well at all levels. Your next step will be to progress to a fully engaged Claims Handler.
You will be based in our newly refurbished London office; however we are excited to be implementing our Smart Working initiative in the coming months offering a hybrid way of working, combining both remote and office working.
DISCOVER your opportunity
What will youressential responsibilities include?
- Managing a portfolio of claims up to a pre-determined authority level. Pro active engagement with all stakeholders with the aim to resolve claims promptly, fairly and with due expertise.
- Ensuring all claims are reserved wherever possible, within the company guidelines.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with Underwriters, Actuaries and other departments as required.
- Providing guidance and direction to our Third Party Administrators and Legal Partners for the claims that fall outside of the Delegated Authority arrangements. The larger and more contentious matters will need to be reported up to the Management Team quickly and effectively. A diary system will allow handlers to review their claims every 90 days.
- Regular meetings will need to be conducted with the delegated claims partners, allowing oversight of portfolio performance, improvement areas and fund adequacy.
- Attending audit performance discussions with the key partners, ensuring that action points are tackled quickly and effectively. Proper oversight is critical.
- Working with Offshore / Shared Services to ensure delivery of the expected service, looking for ways to enhance and supplement the support we receive.
- Attending a range of underwriting driven meetings to explore and explain portfolio management performance and to offer opinion on the risks and businesses that we write.
- Preparing for and presenting large claim activity to the Management / Leadership team.
- Assisting Underwriters with renewal proposals, ensuring they have the claims detail they need to make informed decisions about the business we write.
- Liaising with Brokers / Co-insurers / other Defendants as and when required.
- Manage all Litigated cases effectively and within company practices and expectations. Handlers will always be in control of the claim.
- Assisting with diary tasks across the team as and when required.
- Managing static and inactive claims across the wider team as required.
- Analysing data sets to expose outliers and anomalies as part of the performance management regime.
You will report to the Claims Manager.
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Confident and effective communication skills, both written and spoken
- Excellent organization
- Happy to work on team activities or individually
- Competent in all Microsoft suite products
- An ability to find solutions - innovative
- A high level of numeracy and an attention to detail
- Willingness to show pragmatism when required
- Preparedness to seek guidance or authority when uncertain – be accountable
- A true commitment to achieving excellence
- Ability to prioritise tasks and responsibilities
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Previous insurance knowledge is essential. This could be Broker, Carrier, Syndicate or TPA
- Working knowledge of ECF2, the Lloyds market, International TPA work, Vendor Management and or general liability matters preferred
- Legal permission to work in the UK
FIND your future
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don’t just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a strong and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business − property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
At AXA XL we are happy to talk flexible working. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and consider flexible ways of working for every role. Talk to us about how we can make flexibility work for you.
Learn more ataxaxl.com.
At AXA XL our approach to corporate responsibility (CR) is the same as our approach to business; constantly seeking to provide innovative solutions to the world’s most complex problems. From offering our expertise, products and services to help build more resilient communities, to advancing understanding and response to climate change, our strategy – Our Impact. Our Future. – aligns key issues that are pertinent to our business – climate, water and financial resilience - and contributes to AXA Group’s purpose to “Act for human progress by protecting what matters.”.
- Climate: We’re reducing our carbon footprint, protecting ecosystems and exploring how our business can help build a better world.
- Water: We’re developing water resilience where it is — and will be — needed most.
- Financial resilience: We’re helping create opportunities for the unemployed and underemployed, so they can be better prepared for unexpected changes.
- Hearts in Action: We have established volunteering and charitable giving programs to help colleagues support causes that matter most to them, known as our “Hearts in Action” programs.
For more information please see the Corporate Responsibility sectionon our website.
Diversity & Inclusion
At AXA XL, we know that an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce enable business growth and are critical to our success. That’s why we have made a strategic commitment to attract, develop, advance and retain the most diverse workforce possible, while creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work and can reach their highest potential. It’s about helping one another — and our business — to move forward and succeed.
- Five Business Resource Groups focused on gender, LGBTQ+, race/ethnicity, disability and inclusion with 20 Chapters around the globe
- Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave benefits
- Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index
- Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter
Learn more ataxaxl.com/about-us/inclusion-and-diversity. AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.