The Assistant Financial Controller orchestrates continuous improvement relating to Finance operations according to established guidelines and sound administrative process.
Assists Financial Controllership in Planning, oversight and documentation of all aspects of Finance
Cashflow forecasting and management of cashflow and payments.
Review and ensure accuracy and completeness of accounting transactions
seen as a technical expert in their field, responsible for performing technical finance work and providing analysis of various financial programs and initiatives
Finance and Controlling
- Coordinate & support month end close and improve the monthly financial close and internal control for UK business.
- Liaise with the external auditors as a primary contact and plan, organise and coordinate the year end close and audit process with them.
- Leading ongoing compliance and ensure a robust control environment is in place at all times.
Creation and analysis of Management reports based on business activity
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of monthly MIS as per corporate guidelines.
- Play an active role in developing the finance business partnership capabilities ,identifying risk areas , providing solutions for the same.
Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Interacts with various departments for compilation of data and to gain accurate information.
- Identify changes in the laws and accounting standards
- Creation of budget and Forecast templates for costs
- Creates workings for I/C Pricing as per Corporate guidelines
- Maintaining appropriate validation for all Balance sheet items
- Manage Payroll for bank processing after validation and confirmation
- Ensure employee cost is assigned to the right project for Project cost tracking
Legal & Compliance
- Creates agenda for performance evaluation reviews
- Provide guidance on legal and secretarial matters to the team to perform day to day duties
- Liaises with Audit and Group on various matters
- Creates and support Policies in line with latest regulations
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Accountancy related qualification – CIMA / ACCA / AAT
- MBA or equivalent experience
- Management certification or qualification
- Has achieved trusted advisor status at a senior level with the client.
- Excellent client facing skills, as an expert in their field has experience of influencing client decision making and direction, takes time to establish underlying needs of client beyond those initially expressed.
- Applies insight, originality and a broad perspective to generate revolutionary technical solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills, maintains confidentiality, shares ideas and information, facilitates discussions and transfers knowledge to diverse audiences to achieve collective objectives.
- Broad knowledge of Professional services and quality services market
- Ability to multi task and prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a matrix management environment
- Strong experience of business, management and project management principles and practices.
- Excellent problem solving , critical thinking , deductive reasoning and analytical skills.
- Strong experience with Financial Information systems (Preferably SAP) and proficiency in using a variety of computer software applications.
- Good people management skills. Acts as a role model for continous learning and development. Challenges others to reflect and learn.
- Good self management. Takes on high commitments and works to achieve results. Keeps momentum going over time despite setbacks, showing resilience in the face of challenges and looks for ways to beat previous standards.
- Experience in managing upwards with multiple people, gaining their trust quickly.
- Ability to manage own expenses and ensure adherence of others to the expense policy.
- Collaborative working environment – we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients and ours peers through good times and challenges
- We empower all passionate technology loving professionals by allowing them to expand their skills and take part in inspiring projects
- Expleo Academy - enables you to acquire and develop the right skills by delivering a suite of accredited training courses
- Competitive company benefits such as medical and dental insurance, pension, life assurance, employee wellbeing programme, sports and social events, birthday hampers and much more!
- Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo