Purpose of this role:
Reporting to and supported by the Executive Creative Director, the Visual Creative Team is fundamental to delivering, and growing, our employer brand creative offer and responsible for creating inspiring, conceptual ideas and assets across fully integrated channels â€“ including our unique suite of technology products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Able to work with colleagues to conceptualise to meet a brief, showing â€˜Big Ideaâ€™ that operates strategically and thematically across channels, with a keen focus on digital expression. Youâ€™ll:
- Collaborate with conceptual partners, delivering conceptual work on brief and on time. Strong conceptual ability. Able to plus on a brief and respond to conceptual challenges within the team. Presents concepts inclusively.
- Build and develop brand infrastructures, employee value propositions (EVPs), campaigns and strategies - contextualised in the talent marketplace. Able to deliver strategic and structured thinking with guidance. Understands channel mix, understands talent context.
- Create concepts that are expressed with logic so that your internal and external clients engage with the creative journey step by step â€“ delivered in creative document format, working with conceptual partner/s. Able to structure strong creative logic linked to the brief and robust concept rationale, that can be tightened with support.
- Envision how your concepts work across channels such as: careers sites, social media, digital advertising, experiences, CRM, film, blogs, profiles, job advertising / descriptions â€“ and more. Can work from concept across channels, with a developing understanding of content formats. Shows growing conceptual cohesion.
- Actively seek inspiration from the industry, and beyond it, to keep your solutions fresh and exciting. Seeks and shares inspiration for innovation. Understands application to talent audiences. Brings fresh thinking to work and makes recommendations beyond the prescribed media mix.
Delighting in creating beautiful, branded visuals across a range of purposes, you will:
- Design for different clients, industries and formats, showing a real versatility of visual voice and brand. Understands brand guidelines and can adhere to them required, push them if required, and is aware of the difference. Shows ownership of projects.
- Generate cohesive, visually linked designs across fully integrated campaigns, which can include social media, digital advertising, websites, events & experiences, film, games, brand books and systems, profiles, job advertising, mailers and more, online and offline â€“ learning about and adopting new formats and techniques. Able to work to specification across channels. Understands the need to confirm specification and how the channels relate to each other. Can see work in context of candidate journey.
- Commission and oversee work using internal external or partners to create sharp, consistent visual outcomes â€“ including photo shoots, illustration, collaboration with production houses, filmmakers, digital designers and other artists as needed. Able to identify inspiring and appropriate partners and oversee them to produce good outcomes. Can work with project managers to produce high quality assets within timeframe and budget. Seeks guidance from creative directors.
We believe that clients benefit from having a direct relationship with creatives, encouraging them to build trust in our judgment and expertise. As a partner to them and always working in service to your internal customer, you will:
- Work across a portfolio of clients, providing brand guardianship. Develop a consistent, ongoing understanding of a clientâ€™s challenges, strategy and opportunities. Thorough understanding of client / brand. Can lead projects. Seeks oversight from client lead on brand. Seeks to understand client account and context.
- Develop an understanding of the talent marketplace and build your understanding of what differentiates our clientsâ€™ brands from their competitors. Thorough understanding of client / brand. Can lead projects. Seeks oversight from client lead on brand. Seeks to understand client account and context.
Skills and expectations:
- Experience in art direction
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud - UX knowledge, After effects / Final Cut Pro / Premiere and Sketch are desirable
- Strong, varied portfolio of work that shows integrated conceptual ability across industries
- Work examples that maximise use of multiple channels including brand, digital expression, social media, film, campaigns â€“ with proven understanding of the digital space
- Brand development experience
- Self-motivated, team player with good organisational abilities, with the ability to share ideas, and give and receive constructive feedback
- Attention to detail, pride of work, good customer-service mindset
- Able to see work in a commercial context
- Presentation skills
- The ability to adapt to and learn new ways of working
- Understanding of, or desire to learn about, the recruitment marketplace and EVP
- Ideally, a track record of contribution to award wins, new business wins