Are you self-motivated with a passion for the motor industry? Do you want to learn a trade and gain qualifications which will give you a future trade? Would you like the opportunity to work for the South West's largest automotive dealership group?
Due to our operational growth, Westerly Exeter
, are looking to recruit an Apprentice Vehicle Technician
to learn all aspects of car mechanics and new vehicle technology.What can we offer you?
In return for your hard work and commitment as an Apprentice Vehicle Technician, you will be offered an Apprenticeship salary and access to a range of benefits including:
What will I be responsible for?
- Accredited BMW (UK) 3 year apprenticeship scheme
- Workplace pension (if applicable, salary exchange option)
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend rewards
- Life assurance
- Discounted sales, MOT, products, parts & servicing
- Future prospects for career progression
- Monday to Friday, 40 hours, 8.30am to 5.30pm
Joining our team as an Apprentice Vehicle Technician, you will be required to attend designated training on site, at College or at the BMW Training Academy. You will shadow a qualified Senior Technician to understand the role of Technician and agree development plans with your mentor/buddy. Your role will involve:
- Assisting with very basic tasks and duties initially including tyre fitting, oil and fluid changes, number plate and windscreen wiper replacements
- Supporting your designated mentor and other Technicians by keeping the ramp and work areas clean, tidy and free from hazards
- Completing all Company online assessment whilst grasping health & safety legality and requirements
- Providing your tutors with relevant course work in a timely manner
- Conducting yourself professionally and abiding by all Company rules and regulations.
This is not an exhaustive description of the anticipated duties as there will be many other ad hoc duties as well, including making cups of tea!Could this be the ideal role for me?
We are seeking Apprentice Vehicle Technicians who are serious about learning a trade. As a business, we invest a lot of cost, time and effort in training our Apprentices to be our long term Technicians of the future and therefore you need to have a hunger and a desire to go on that journey with us and to stay the course. To be considered for the role:
- You should be educated to a standard including English and Maths
- Be literate both verbally and technologically
- Potentially have some work experience and an understanding of a busy productive workplace
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- You may already be attending a car mechanics course at College
- Have a friendly personality, is presentable and incredibly flexible
- Be willing and able to undertake all manner of duties in a high-performance technical workshop.
Please note: You will be required to provide character or previous employer referees,The Company
Helston Garages Group are one of the 25 largest dealer groups in Britain and the largest in the South West, with 38 franchise dealerships providing customers throughout Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset with high-quality new and used cars and vans generating a turnover in excess of £600 million and representing a range of franchises including Westerly BMW & MINI, Kastner Volvo, Helston VW, Truscotts Peugeot, Carrs Skoda along with Jaguar Land Rover, Audi, Porsche, Maserati, Ferrari and Select Used Vehicles.This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a family run business and if you feel you have the aptitude and attitude to be our Apprentice Vehicle Technician, we'd love to hear from you so please click APPLY now!