As a member of a product team you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of a suite of applications. You will take a hands-on approach in developing and delivering client requirements while also performing peer code reviews and helping to mentor other members of the team.
As an analyst developer you will be technically strong, have a good understanding of the products and so be able to develop features with little or no guidance. You will understand the importance of code quality to the maintainability of an application and trade off doing it quickly with doing it right.
You must have a positive attitude, be passionate about development and take pride in what you produce. You will need to be calm under pressure and comfortable working to tight deadlines. Good communications skills are essential.
Skills / Traits
- At least 3 years’ experience developing applications using the .NET Framework
- Good technical coding skills with attention to detail, an ordered approach to problem solving and a desire to produce work of outstanding quality and reliability
- Comfortable working on large and/or complex features and capable of designing and implementing robust solutions for these.
- Experience of working collaboratively in a team environment
- Good communication skills
- An organised and methodical approach and calm under pressure
- Tenacious in tracking down bugs in our products
- An aptitude for learning
- Accountable to the product team lead for the timely delivery of development tasks
- Accountable to the product development manager for the quality of work produced
- Undertake largeand/orcomplex development tasks
- Write unit tests to cover new functionality
- Perform code reviews for other team members
- Mentor other members of the team
- Act as a guardian for code quality and hold the rest of the team to appropriate standards
- Identify areas for improvement, both in terms of code quality and usability
Knowledge / Experience
- ASP .NET/MVC
- SQL Server, T-SQL and SQL Management Studio
- N-Tier Architecture
- HTML5, CSS & jQuery
- Visual Studio
- Agile Methodologies
- Mobile development
- Azure DevOps