Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
The Advisor – Global Policies and Procedures, Training, and Communications supports the implementation of the global Ethics and Compliance program by designing, implementing, and continually improving Elanco’s policies and procedures, training, and communications maintaining Elanco’s commitment to adherence with laws and regulations. This is part of Elanco’s commitment to doing the right thing in the right way along with following the laws, regulations, industry codes, policies and procedures that govern our business, both of which are foundations of Elanco’s culture. Additionally, the Advisor assures policies and procedures, training, and communications are effective in preventing and detecting misconduct in order to protect our company, brand, and reputation and maintain the trust of our customers, employees, and shareholders.
This role can be home-based across the UK
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Policies and Procedures
- Design, implement, and continually improve policies and procedures that:
- Prevent misconduct and incorporate a culture of compliance.
- Are based on the company's business model, products, services, third party agents, customers, government interactions, and industry and geographic risks.
- Include risks such as privacy, nature and extent of transactions with foreign governments including payments to foreign officials, use of third parties, gifts, travel, entertainment, sponsorships, charitable and political donations, conflicts of interest, and facilitating and expediting payments.
- Address risks identified during enterprise risk management.
- Consult business units before rolling out policies and procedures to determine if they make sense for particular business segments/subsidiaries.
- Establish a governance process for the approval of policies and procedures.
- Provide translations of policies and procedures to foreign employees.
- Periodically review policies and procedures to determine if risk areas are sufficiently addressed and update them based on lessons learned and global business environment changes.
- Maintain Elanco’s Code of Conduct which establishes the company’s commitment to compliance with federal laws. Ensure it is clear, concise, accessible to all company employees, available in their local language, and periodically reviewed.
- Develop a training strategy that outlines who should be trained on what subjects to include, but not be limited to:
- Periodic training on policies and procedures for all employees.
- Tailored training to key gatekeepers of control or high risk processes regarding what misconduct to look for and how to escalate concerns (ex. third party relationship managers, employees with certification responsibilities, etc.).
- Supplementary training to supervisors.
- Training to Ethics and Compliance personnel to ensure they understand and can identify activities and transactions that pose potential risk.
- Training to third parties on Elanco’s commitment to abiding by laws and prohibitions against foreign bribery.
- Design, implement, and continually improve training for all employees, and where appropriate, third parties to include, but not be limited to:
- Instruction on applicable laws, industry codes, and company policies and procedures
- Practical advice to address real-life scenarios
- Case studies
- Lessons learned from prior compliance incidents and investigations
- Measure the effectiveness of training.
- Ensure training is understood by employees in practice by offering it in their native language, testing them on what they learned, and addressing employees who fail all or a portion of the testing.
- Periodically review training to determine if risk areas are sufficiently addressed.
- Design, implement, and continually improve a communications strategy that includes, but is not limited to:
- Communicating policies and procedures to employees and relevant third parties in a way that ensures their understanding.
- Communicating resources available to employees to provide guidance.
- Publicizing Elanco’s hotline to employees.
- Communicating the importance of ethical conduct to employees along with consequences for misconduct.
- Communicating anonymized descriptions of misconduct to employees.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Collect, track, and analyze trends and report findings to the Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities to maintain expert knowledge on industry best practices for policies and procedures, training, and communications in a global company.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with IT and external vendors regarding the management and maintenance of systems related to this role.
- Design, implement, and continually improve the E&C Resource Center
Minimum Qualification (education, experience and/or training, required certifications):
- Bachelor's degree minimum.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing, and continually improving policies and procedures, training, and communications across multiple geographies.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for Ethics and Compliance programs in a global company.
- Demonstrated influencing skills (critical thinking, results oriented, etc.), including a strong reputation for integrity, objectivity, impartiality, fairness, sound judgment, and willingness to speak up.
- High level of professional maturity and sensitivity to confidentiality.
- Ability to manage global stakeholders.
- Skilled in risk-assessment methodologies and project organization.
- Experienced in interpreting regulations, policies, and procedures along with responding to associated questions.
- Able to define problems, collect and review data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and partner with stakeholders.
- This job description outlines the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties or skill associated with this position.
- This position will require 0-25% travel.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status