Salary will be pro-rated for part-time hours.
A good opportunity has arisen within the Finance Service for a qualified accountant looking to develop their career in a job-share role.
The post is within the Financial Accounting and Corporate Finance team which has responsibility for the Council’s Annual Accounts, other statutory returns, the financial ledger system and VAT. This is a key role in the Annual Accounts process, with responsibility for the completion of financial statements and disclosure notes. There will also be staff supervisory responsibilities. Applicants should have knowledge of the relevant accounting policies and codes of practice and some knowledge or experience of annual accounts completion, local government finance, Oracle Financials and VAT would be helpful.
We are looking for CCAB or CIMA qualified accountants with excellent relationship building, problem solving and analytical skills, and the ability to support and develop colleagues within the team. Excellent ICT and Excel skills are essential to this post.
If you have any enquiries regarding this position please contact Andrew Cupples on 0141 578 8338.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria.
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.