With influencer marketing now taking a more integral place in brands marketing plans, Billion Dollar Boy have won new business and increased the volume of work from their longer standing clients. We are looking for a very Senior and Experienced Account Director to join BDB and manage and grow a large team and business unit of the agency.
The current account management team is growing and this is the most senior hire to ensure we are developing more sophisticated processes and training to achieve the most exciting and excellent campaigns and results. The role will involve building and owning client relationships as well as shaping the future growth of the team and department.
This role is initially for 3 months with the opportunity to go permanent.
The Account Director ensures the smooth production of campaigns – from briefing design and creative, to managing budgets and a team.
The candidate would be driven by producing the best work to the best standards, and possess the ability to lead, develop and empower a team to be motivated to achieve this.
There is a strong culture at BDB built on the four values of quality, innovation, collaboration and integrity.
- Managing, growing and training a team of account handlers and multiple clients (both retained and project based)
- Developing relationships with senior clients and growing the accounts on both creatively and financially
- Leading, planning and overseeing the work and output on your assigned accountsInputting to new business pitches
- Planning and forecasting for your team and accounts
- Training and developing the team ensuring the detail of the campaign is exemplary and processes are efficient.
- Negotiates contracts and fees with marketing directors and client procurement Personnel.
- Manages the work, performance and professional development of team members.
- Leading and inspiring those outside of the core team, including creative teams and those in other agencies working on the same account.
- Report key financial and team data to the agency’s senior leadership, finance and human resources departments.
- Maintains a detailed awareness of relevant market trends affecting their accounts, and developments in the wider advertising and communications industry.
Required Skill Set:
- Significant experience in professional client relationship management
- Solid experience of agency account management, how this works, roles and responsibilities, finance process, contracts, management and Account Handling
- The ability to plan and strategise at a senior level
- Vision to develop teams and grow business
- A persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective team management capabilities
- A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- Keen interest in digital content and evolution and industry trends/news.
- Solid decision makerAttention to detail
- Can do attitude
- Thirst to learn
- Not afraid of being first to do things
- Appreciation of creative
- Strong service understanding and standards
- 10-15 years experience
- Management experience essential
About Billion Dollar Boy
Billion Dollar Boy is Creative Agency in an Influencer Age with offices in London and New York that produces and distributes high-quality content on behalf of leading brands in order to market their products. Through our industry knowledge and proprietary tech we are able to carefully select influencers, provide them with a detailed creative strategy brief, effectively deliver the campaigns and provide detailed reporting on their performance.
We are a fast-growing, ambitious company with a roster of premium brands that include Estée Lauder Companies US & UK (Bobbi Brown, La Mer, Lab Series, Jo Malone), L'Oréal UK & Ireland (L'Oréal Paris, Maybelline, Garnier, Essie, Mixa), Unilever UK (Murad, Regenerate, Dollar Shave Club), PUIG UK (Paco Rabanne), Armani Global, Mulberry UK & US, De Beers UK & US, Waitrose UK, Marks and Spencer UK and more.
We have a workforce of 39 who sit across Account Management, Creative Strategy, Tech and New Business.
Collaboration is key
We ensure our influencers and clients are fully engaged in everything we do.
Creative to the core
We thrive on fresh thinking, enthusiasm, new ideas and bold solutions.
Quality at scale
We are constantly raising the bar, delivering the highest Quality campaigns to our clients and for each other.
Integrity is everything
There is no compromise on our professional integrity and ethical obligations..
We encourage employees to be open and confident and appreciate that every member of the team makes a vital difference.
Outside working hours we enjoy regular socials, team lunches and team building.