Welder Job Description Sample
This welder sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Welder
Welder Job Purpose
Joins metal parts, and fills seams and holes of metal components. Follows sketches and specifications. Inspects equipment and structures. Follows and maintains knowledge of safety protocol.
Welder Job Duties
- Uses electricity and torches to produce heat and solder together components made from steel, titanium, copper, and other metals
- Welds small components like copper plumbing for residential use and large ones like pipelines for power plants or beams for buildings and bridges
- Consults blueprints and sketches in order to execute jobs and tasks to specification
- Assesses equipment, structures, materials, and job specifications for appropriate welding positions and methods
- Monitors equipment for appropriate usage and temperature
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of universal standards and specifications in order to meet building codes and legal requirements
- Develops working knowledge of dozens of methods used for welding a variety of materials and components
- Operates specialised machinery for industrial welding or supervises robots that do the same
- Trims metal components using heat, fire, and electricity
- Takes apart and disposes of large metal objects like automobiles, ships, and other structures
- Monitors work environment for hazards and maintains healthy ventilation levels to avoid particle or gas inhalation
- Follows safety protocol, including wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes
- Works in the construction or manufacturing industries
Welder Skills and Qualifications
Formal Training Through a Vocational or Technical School, Relevant Welder or Welding Fabricator Certifications, Ability to Read Blueprints, Knowledge of Chemistry and Metallurgy, Understanding of Electricity, Basic Computer Programming Knowledge, Attention to Detail, Manual Dexterity, Physical Strength, Physical Stamina, Spatial Skills, Technical Skills
Job Seekers: Search for Welder Jobs and apply on Monster now.