Volunteer Coordinator Job Description Sample
This volunteer coordinator sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Volunteer Coordinator Job Purpose
Coordinates volunteering positions and volunteer staff for an organisation, recruits staff members, manages relationships between volunteer staff and charity organisations, maintains organisational policies and procedures, and promotes the organisation and its volunteer accomplishments.
Volunteer Coordinator Job Duties
- Assesses organisational and programme needs to determine number and range of volunteers needed for particular projects
- Consults with colleagues to create descriptions for all volunteer positions
- Manages volunteer recruitment and hiring process by advertising for available volunteer positions, interviewing candidates, and matching them with appropriate roles
- Prepares orientation materials for new volunteers, including handbooks, programmes, and kits
- Presents orientation materials or assigns others to do so
- Creates and distributes information regarding volunteer policies and procedures
- Monitors volunteers during their appointments to retain or replace candidates
- Meets with volunteers to assess their progress and satisfaction, as well as to conduct performance evaluations or skills audits
- Cultivates a positive and supportive atmosphere by recognizing volunteer efforts and assisting volunteers with their own endeavours
- Manages communication among volunteers and between an organisation and its volunteers, in order to share news, progress, and available positions
- Maintains a database of volunteers and projects and tracks metrics
- Presents updates and metrics to colleagues and executives in writing and presentations
- Promotes the organisation, its volunteer efforts, and its accomplishments internally and externally
Volunteer Coordinator Skills and Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree in Community Development or Human Resource Management or Social Work, Written and Verbal Communication, Interpersonal Communication, Organisation, Teamwork, Administrative and Management Skills, Leadership, Decision Making, Ability to Motivate and Inspire
Job Seekers: Search for Volunteer Jobs and apply on Monster now.