Vice President Job Description Sample
This vice president sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Vice President
Vice President Job Purpose
Develops business and financial strategies for organisations and corporations, monitors goals and adjusts policies to meet them, works closely with other vice presidents and corporate executives to ascertain goals, and advises about staffing and other organisational resources.
Vice President Job Duties
- Provides global direction for a corporation or organisation by developing short-term and long-term financial and operational goals
- Works with other executive colleagues and departmental managers to implement plans and policies throughout the organisation
- Works with a team of assistants to monitor and track progress toward goals and measure analytics
- Analyses the company�s financial statements and other indicators of performance in order to assess standing and financial position
- Determines ways to reduce costs, increase revenues, and improve overall company performance
- Engages in high-level negotiations to generate lucrative contracts or build beneficial relationships with companies and individuals
- Nominates departmental managers and executive staff and advises about other high-level hiring decisions
- Updates the company�s executives and board of directors on organisational finances, operations, and progress toward goals
- Represents the organisation at conferences, meetings, and trade shows or at regional or national offices
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of his or her particular industry and liaises with specialised colleagues for expert advice on financial, legal, and regulatory issues
- Works in a wide range of industries, including finance, healthcare, manufacturing, and business
Vice President Skills and Qualifications
Master's in Business Administration or Finance, Extensive Experience With Management, Leadership, Ability to Motivate, Decision Making, Management, Written and Verbal Communication, Interpersonal Communication, Problem Solving, Analytical Thinking, Time Management.
Job Seekers: Search for Vice President Jobs and apply on Monster now.