Treasurer Job Description Sample
Treasurer – Job Description
This treasurer sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Treasurer
Treasurer Job Purpose
Maintains and improves a company's financial standing, guides financial policy, advises regarding investment opportunities, collaborates with colleagues to determine funding opportunities, and assesses and manages financial risks.
Treasurer Job Duties
- Specialises in one of five core treasury functions, as outlined by the Association of Corporate Treasurers: treasury controls and operations, risk management, financial management, liquidity and cash management, or funding and capital markets
- Assesses a company's cash flow by anticipating its incoming cash and outgoing commitments
- Oversees a company's cash balance on a daily basis to assess its liquidity and ensure its healthy financial operation
- Develops risk management policies and consults with colleagues to implement them throughout an organisation
- Pursues and reviews new business opportunities and corporate acquisitions and assesses them for financial viability and potential profit
- Serves as financial and business development consultant for an organisation
- Confers with specialised colleagues, such as legal experts, accountants, and tax professionals in order to make fully informed decisions
- Negotiates contract and loan terms with lenders and other financial institutions
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with bankers and lenders
- Maintains an up-to-date working knowledge of financial and legal regulations that may affect company decisions or policies
- Presents updates, advice, and findings for executives, senior managers, and board members at regular company meetings
Treasurer Skills and Qualifications
Master's Degree in Finance or Management, Knowledge of Accounting and Economics, Mathematics Skills, Business Understanding, Knowledge of Financial Markets, Written and Verbal Communication, Interpersonal Communication, Familiarity With Information Technology, Attention to Detail, Accuracy, Sense of Ethics, Analytical Thinking, Critical Thinking, Decision Making
Job Seekers: Search for Treasurer Jobs and apply on Monster now.