Telemarketing Job Description Sample
This Telemarketing sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Telemarketing
Telemarketing Job Purpose
Make sales and market products and services by phone, answer incoming customer calls and make outgoing sales calls, maintain thorough understanding of products and services, process sales, meet sales goals.
Telemarketing Job Duties
- Takes incoming customer calls, processes sales, and accepts payment for products and services
- Makes outgoing customer calls or cold calls in order to sell products and services
- Answers questions about product specifications and pricing
- Upsells customers to larger products, more extensive packages, or higher priced services
- Explains product pricing and negotiates bulk or package pricing
- Accurately and efficiently enters customer information into company databases for mailing and billing purposes
- Processes credit card payments and troubleshoots any issues that may arise
- Maintains a list of potential leads and follows up with those customers by making subsequent sales pitches
- Assists sales colleagues with arranging meetings and sales calls with customers
- Contacts customers in response to correspondence or feedback
- Monitors order status to ensure that clients receive orders in a timely manner
- Investigates unfilled, misplaced, or misdirected orders and resolves customer issues as necessary
- Maintains working knowledge of products and services sold and keeps current on industry developments by reading current news or attending workshops
- May specialise in inbound or outbound telemarketing or in sales for a particular industry
Telemarketing Skills and Qualifications
Formal Training not Required, Marketing and Sales Skills, Verbal Communication, Telephone Skills, Interpersonal Communication, Customer Service Skills, Attention to Detail, Ability to Track Leads, Accuracy, Patience, Motivation, High Energy, Ability to Meet Goals, Data Entry, Product Knowledge, Organisation.
Job Seekers: Search for Telemarketing Jobs and apply on Monster now.