Service Technician Job Description Sample
This service technician sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Service Technician
Service Technician Job Purpose
Provides exceptional vehicle servicing and repair by using latest diagnostic technology and techniques to identify vehicle issues. Completes repairs in time allotted while keeping to dealer, brand, and company standards, and delivers vehicles to customers or service advisors on schedule.
Service Technician Job Duties
- Performs diagnostics, maintenance, and repairs on many types of vehicles while maintaining company and industry standards and adhering to time constraints
- Tests vehicle repairs and communicates issues to service manager and service advisors; conduct additional repair work as advised by managers or advisors
- Uses manufacturer diagnostic equipment to ensure diagnostics, testing, and repairs are thorough and to highest quality
- Maintains a working knowledge of a diverse number of motor vehicles and works to enhance and improve that knowledge with new vehicle models and new industry standards, practices, and technologies
- Replaces parts and components and keep detailed, organised records of all repair work done on each vehicle
- Keeps work area clean, neat, and to company standards, especially to ensure safety of all team members
- Communicates with service managers about parts ordered, parts required, and timeliness of order completion
- Advises on other issues vehicles display, including common issues vehicles of certain makes and ages develop, and offers timelines for future vehicle repair needs
Service Technician Skills and Qualifications
Technical Apprenticeship Preferred, Knowledge of Mechanics, Knowledge of Electrical Systems, Dealership Experience, Customer Service Skills, Experience With Used Vehicles, Detail-Oriented, Strong Organisation, Team Leadership Skills, Strong Communication Skills, UK Driver's License, Creative Problem-Solving, Troubleshooting, Vehicle Diagnostics
Job Seekers: Search for Service Technician Jobs and apply on Monster now.