Service Advisor Job Description Sample
This service advisor sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Service Advisor
Service Advisor Job Purpose
Acts as liaison between customers and service department by communicating with customers regarding vehicle problems and repair timeline, and expressing customer concerns to service department. Displays exemplary customer service skills and a sales-minded attitude.
Service Advisor Job Duties
- Communicates with clients about vehicle problems, insurance questions, and warranty issues
- Maintains positive relationships with clients to ensure repeat and return customers
- Approaches transactions with sales-minded professionalism and suggestively sell products and services to clients, including making clients aware of all packages and retail options available
- Answers customer questions about services, including when to expect vehicle repairs
- Displays extensive knowledge about products and services
- Ensures customer vehicle is finished on time and details for customer services rendered and costs for those services, ensuring satisfaction at every step of interaction
- Uses all methods of customer communication, including online bookings, phone calls, and in-person interactions, to schedule and book appointments, vehicle drop-offs, and vehicle pick-ups
- Communicates with technicians about vehicle statuses, and ensures that vehicles will be ready for customer on time
- Acts as an advocate for clients when communicating vehicle problems and needs to repair department
- Liaises with technicians about parts ordering to ensure requisite parts are available when vehicle repairs require them, and communicates any time restrictions to customers in timely manner
- Processes customer payments
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of service department
Service Advisor Skills and Qualifications
Previous Experience in Vehicle Service Department, Knowledge of Vehicle Parts and Services, Computer Skills, Customer-Facing Skills, Strong Communication Skills, Team Management, Sales Experience, Enthusiastic Attitude, Self-Motivated
Job Seekers: Search for Service Advisor Jobs and apply on Monster now.