Purchasing Manager Job Description Sample
This purchasing manager sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Purchasing Manager Job Purpose:
Keeps on top of a company's supply needs. Seeks out high-quality goods and negotiates reasonable prices on orders. Communicates with team members and executives. Oversees a team of purchasing agents.
Purchasing Manager Job Duties:
- Stays familiar with the company's needs
- Makes supply orders
- Coordinates with people in different company locations to see if a better price is available somewhere else or if suppliers in a certain area are not living up to expectations
- Double-checks the work of purchasing agents
- Communicates with executives and gains approval for purchasing contracts with new vendors or on new supplies
- Continuously comparison shops and negotiates to make sure the company gets the best possible prices on needed supplies
- Oversees supply chain management
- Communicates with suppliers and to make sure supplies get where they need to be when they need to be, even when a deadline is tight
- Maintains a network of professional contacts in order to discover new opportunities for good deals on orders
- Forecasts demand for certain products and makes orders accordingly
- Checks inventory, tracks how inventory is used, and adjusts purchasing habits in accord with apparent trends
- Processes payments and invoices
- Keeps a well-organised collection of contracts for easy reference when needed
- Attends meetings to stay up to date on the company's objectives
- Attends conferences to meet potential new suppliers and glean insight from other professionals in the purchasing field
Purchasing Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Highly Organised, Team Leader, Excellent Negotiation Skills, Multitasking Ability, Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills, Ability to Work With a Variety of People, Industry Experience
Job Seekers: Search for Purchasing Manager Jobs and apply on Monster now.