Purchasing Job Description Sample
This purchasing sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Purchasing
Purchasing Job Purpose:
Makes sure business maintains an adequate supply of necessary materials. Organises materials and helps in negotiating the best price. Helps to manage overall inventory.
Purchasing Job Duties:
- Keeps up to date on the company's needs in order to order supplies when they are necessary
- Performs comparison shopping and negotiations to secure lower prices on materials the company needs
- Seeks out high-quality products that will help the company operate smoothly and reach its goals
- Operates as a key member of a purchasing team
- Prepares reports and communicates with management about offered prices on products to obtain final approval for purchases
- Keeps an eye on inventory and makes orders or puts a hold on automatic orders if on-hand supplies call for doing so
- Coordinates with company branches in different locations to make sure each branch receives cost-effective supplies in a timely manner
- Uses a keen understanding of the industry to know which supplies are most important and where to look for reliable, reasonably priced suppliers
- Works well under tight deadlines
- Negotiates faster-than-usual delivery of needed items so the company's operations go uninterrupted
- Keeps a highly organised schedule
- Constantly looks for ways to cut back on the company's expenses
- Works well as a member of the team and communicates with team members about the progress on certain projects
Purchasing Skills and Qualifications:
Highly Organised, Motivated, Basic Math Skills, Excellent Negotiation and Communication Skills, Team Player, Understanding of Industry, Experience, Enthusiastic, Disciplined, Works Well Under Pressure, Adaptable, Self-Starter, Decisive, Ability to Multitask, Goal Oriented
Job Seekers: Search for Purchasing Jobs and apply on Monster now.