Production Planner Job Description Sample
This production planner sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and requirements.
Job Title: Production Planner
Production Planner Job Purpose:
Ensures goods manufactured by employer are produced in a cost-effective way that meets quality specifications. Makes sure that goods are ready to distribute to customers in a timely fashion. Improves a company's production and distribution processes. Ensures the production and distribution of products runs smoothly.
Production Planner Job Duties:
- Liaises with sales division to determine customer requirements
- Approves materials, costs, manufacturing equipment, and the size of workforce needs to manufacture goods
- Predicts how long a project will take to complete
- Develops a production schedule detailing all tasks and when they should be completed by to meet predicted completion date
- Liaises with customers, suppliers, the human resources department, and maintenance employees to ensure all workers, materials, and machinery will be available when required
- Monitors project's progress to ensure it's following the schedule
- Troubleshoots problems that occur during production, including staff shortages and machinery malfunctions
- Organises project paperwork, including purchase orders, and maintains records
- Monitors production and raw material costs
- Collects and assesses data about the production and team's performance
- Prepares reports about production processes for upper management and suggests ways to improve efficiency
Production Planner Skills and Qualifications:
Decisiveness, Stress Management Skills, Leadership, Excellent Organisational Skills, Good Written and Oral Communication Skills, Mathematics Skills, Especially in the Area of Statistics, Understanding of Business Operations, Attention to Detail, Speed, Accuracy, Computer Literacy, Superior Problem Solving Skills, Knowledge of Supply Chain and Distribution Management, Ability to Meet Deadlines, Supervisory Experience, Quality Control Experience, Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes, Apprenticeship in Production Planning.
Job Seekers: Search for Production Planner Jobs and apply on Monster now.