Product Manager Job Description Sample
This product manager sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and requirements.
Job Title: Product Manager
Product Manager Job Purpose:
Takes care of a product, or a range of related products, for the duration of its lifecycle. Oversees all facets of product creation, marketing, and evolution to maximise profits for the company and customer satisfaction. Ensures managed product or products and the marketing efforts to support them are in line with employer's goals and strategies.
Product Manager Job Duties:
- Researches customer demand for products and identifies potential consumer groups
- Suggests a product that should be developed and drives this process
- Develops a budget for product development and marketing efforts
- Oversees the development of marketing campaigns and advertising strategies
- Liaises with staff members from the engineering, research and development, advertising, public relations, sales, and customer support departments
- Discusses the product with members of the press
- Undertakes press tours to promote the product, where appropriate
- Sets product price to meet employer's revenue goals and customer expectations
- Prepares regular reports about product revenue predictions and results
- Gathers customer feedback to determine ways that the product could be improved
- Meets with third-parties to create strategic partnerships and pursue licensing opportunities, where appropriate
- Demonstrates the products to customers, where appropriate
- Stays up-to-date with industry competitors and competition product developments
Product Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Leadership, Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills, Strong Organizational Skills, Time Management, Product Knowledge, Computer Literacy, Proficient with Common Industry Software, Good Research Skills, Can Meet Deadlines, Stress Management, Judgement, Understanding of Economics, Marketing and Advertising Knowledge, Skilled at Working with Statistics, Team Player, Specialised Knowledge of Industry, Bachelor's Degree in Business or Related Field.
Job Seekers: Search for Product Manager Jobs and apply on Monster now.